Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
> FS: 1970 914-6, On Pelican. No affiliation.
tumamilhem
post May 6 2015, 12:43 PM
Post #1

LUFTBRIGADE

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,092
Region Association: South East States

Not mine, saw on the bird and thought I'd share.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-car...tml#post8597401
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
tumamilhem
post May 7 2015, 01:44 PM
Post #2

LUFTBRIGADE

Conversions may be fun, but they won't be worth as much as originality. Especially the more "customized" they are.

I'm interested in getting a 3.2 conversion as a second car (or a 3.2 Carrera). Not ready to give up my pristine LE. It's too nice to part with and in exceptional condition. Plus mechanically, the engine, tranny and now fuel injection have been all been rebuilt. It would take a lot to get another 914 in this condition.
+Quote Post
mepstein
post May 7 2015, 02:12 PM
Post #3

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(tumamilhem @ May 7 2015, 03:44 PM) *

Conversions may be fun, but they won't be worth as much as originality. Especially the more "customized" they are.

I'm interested in getting a 3.2 conversion as a second car (or a 3.2 Carrera). Not ready to give up my pristine LE. It's too nice to part with and in exceptional condition. Plus mechanically, the engine, tranny and now fuel injection have been all been rebuilt. It would take a lot to get another 914 in this condition.

You mean a salvage title, non matching numbers for engine and trans, paint issues and a long history of poor running. That's the condition your referring to?
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post May 8 2015, 08:48 AM
Post #4

LUFTBRIGADE

QUOTE(mepstein @ May 7 2015, 04:12 PM) *

QUOTE(tumamilhem @ May 7 2015, 03:44 PM) *

You mean a salvage title, non matching numbers for engine and trans, paint issues and a long history of poor running. That's the condition your referring to?

No, my car does not have a salvaged title. Yes, it does have the original matching tranny (Dr. Evil rebuild). It has a period correct 1974 2.0 unmodified stock engine. The engine case number is a couple numbers off from the original engine, but I don't really care about that. The paint is just fine. Everything is rebuilt and running fine. I drive it almost every day. Excellent exterior and interior. You've seen lots of pictures that show this. I think I know my own car better than you, thanks.

What's your problem anyway? Why are you always trying to talk shit about me and my car? Don't you have anything better to do than to talk shit about people you don't know? You don't know me, you don't know my car, I've done nothing to you but you consistently try to bad mouth me on this forum. Why?
+Quote Post
billh1963
post May 8 2015, 11:01 AM
Post #5

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871

Tommy,
The issue is that no one likes it when a car is not accurately described. In your own post you say the engine is a few numbers off from the original. What does that mean? To me it means the engine is not original.

From the original seller's (JRust) post from 4/18/12 he clearly states the car has a reconstructed title. :
"I have been restoring this Creamsicle going on 4 years now. It has been a long slow process with plenty of ups & downs. To start with it was a very solid car with very little rust. Just a bit on the battery tray but none below in the hell hole. I replaced the battery tray & it's support. I rebuilt the motor & the transmission. There is about 4000 miles on the drivetrain now. Most of which came on my trip down to Lake Havasu & route 66. It was a 914 get together & I made the 2500+ mile trip in my LE. I have the Certificate of Authenticity from Porsche for it. I can't guarantee it with the sale of the car yet. I have not been able to find it since a move a year & a half ago. I think it will still turn up but no guarantee's. I also have the original window sticker for it. At some point in it's life it got a reconstructed title. I was so upset when I found out. There was only one fender that had damage. The drivers front fender had a tear in it form the top of the turn signal to the middle of the front wheel arch. That is the only damage to it. I found a little filler behind the passenger door when I got it painted.There was nothing anywhere else. Not frame damage, no panels replaced. All the original welds were in place & no strange creases or crinkles. The reconstructed on the title is not warranted at all. I would worry about that on a newer car with all the air bag's , plastic & sensor's. This is a 914 & it is in Excellent shape. Anyone seeing your car would not have a clue about the title. So I am not trying to hide anything here. It does have a reconstructed Oregon title & there isn't anything I can do about that.I can tell you this is a very nice restored 914."

Maybe Florida issued a clear title. That doesn't change the history of the car.

Enjoy your car.... just don't misrepresent it
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post May 8 2015, 12:04 PM
Post #6

LUFTBRIGADE

QUOTE(billh1963 @ May 8 2015, 01:01 PM) *

Tommy,
The issue is that no one likes it when a car is not accurately described. In your own post you say the engine is a few numbers off from the original. What does that mean? To me it means the engine is not original.

From the original seller's (JRust) post from 4/18/12 he clearly states the car has a reconstructed title. :
"I have been restoring this Creamsicle going on 4 years now. It has been a long slow process with plenty of ups & downs. To start with it was a very solid car with very little rust. Just a bit on the battery tray but none below in the hell hole. I replaced the battery tray & it's support. I rebuilt the motor & the transmission. There is about 4000 miles on the drivetrain now. Most of which came on my trip down to Lake Havasu & route 66. It was a 914 get together & I made the 2500+ mile trip in my LE. I have the Certificate of Authenticity from Porsche for it. I can't guarantee it with the sale of the car yet. I have not been able to find it since a move a year & a half ago. I think it will still turn up but no guarantee's. I also have the original window sticker for it. At some point in it's life it got a reconstructed title. I was so upset when I found out. There was only one fender that had damage. The drivers front fender had a tear in it form the top of the turn signal to the middle of the front wheel arch. That is the only damage to it. I found a little filler behind the passenger door when I got it painted.There was nothing anywhere else. Not frame damage, no panels replaced. All the original welds were in place & no strange creases or crinkles. The reconstructed on the title is not warranted at all. I would worry about that on a newer car with all the air bag's , plastic & sensor's. This is a 914 & it is in Excellent shape. Anyone seeing your car would not have a clue about the title. So I am not trying to hide anything here. It does have a reconstructed Oregon title & there isn't anything I can do about that.I can tell you this is a very nice restored 914."

Maybe Florida issued a clear title. That doesn't change the history of the car.

Enjoy your car.... just don't misrepresent it

the car had a reconstructed title in Oregon because it was under insured. It had nothing to do with the condition of the car. that rule does not apply in Florida. the condition of the car is fine and was not in an accident.

I am not misrepresenting my car, you are.

Also, you keep badmouthing me and my car on every thread I post. I did not bring up my car. this was a post for a car for sale. but you keep bringing up my car, misrepresenting it, and badmouthing me. Why? What is your problem?
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
tumamilhem   FS: 1970 914-6   May 6 2015, 12:43 PM
MoveQik   Looks like a nice car for sure!!! Pro...   May 7 2015, 12:50 AM
JamesM   Looks like a nice car for sure!!! Pr...   May 7 2015, 08:55 PM
Hawk   I could be wrong but that might not be a matching ...   May 7 2015, 04:11 AM
396   I could be wrong but that might not be a matching...   May 7 2015, 04:47 AM
AlanG   I could be wrong but that might not be a matching...   May 7 2015, 06:24 PM
tumamilhem   Conversions may be fun, but they won't be wort...   May 7 2015, 01:44 PM
billh1963   Conversions may be fun, but they won't be wor...   May 7 2015, 02:01 PM
mepstein   Conversions may be fun, but they won't be wor...   May 7 2015, 02:12 PM
billh1963   Conversions may be fun, but they won't be wo...   May 7 2015, 08:03 PM
tumamilhem   Conversions may be fun, but they won't be wo...   May 8 2015, 08:48 AM
billh1963   Tommy, The issue is that no one likes it when a ca...   May 8 2015, 11:01 AM
tumamilhem   Tommy, The issue is that no one likes it when a c...   May 8 2015, 12:04 PM
billh1963   [quote name='billh1963' post='2184528' date='May ...   May 8 2015, 06:35 PM
MoveQik   the condition of the car is fine and was not in...   May 9 2015, 09:04 AM
brant   the condition of the car is fine and was not i...   May 9 2015, 10:18 AM
MoveQik   [quote name='MoveQik' post='2184872' date='May 9 ...   May 9 2015, 10:37 AM
brant   [quote name='MoveQik' post='2184872' date='May 9...   May 9 2015, 10:44 AM
mepstein   [quote name='MoveQik' post='2184901' date='May 9 ...   May 9 2015, 12:16 PM
mepstein   [quote name='mepstein' post='2184111' date='May 7...   May 8 2015, 11:52 AM
tumamilhem   [quote name='mepstein' post='2184111' date='May ...   May 8 2015, 12:26 PM
76-914   [quote name='mepstein' post='2184111' date='May ...   May 9 2015, 07:22 AM
scotty b   ...   May 7 2015, 04:13 PM
gereed75   ... Yikes, the hits just keep on coming :chair...   May 7 2015, 05:03 PM
eric9144   ILBT's <_< (+)(+)   May 8 2015, 09:37 AM
mepstein   Post 295 on jrust rebuild thread. Tommy will proba...   May 8 2015, 11:39 AM
tumamilhem   Post 295 on jrust rebuild thread. Tommy will prob...   May 8 2015, 12:06 PM
davep   http://www.mohrimports.com/view_inventory_....php?...   May 8 2015, 01:03 PM
tumamilhem   http://www.mohrimports.com/view_inventory_....php...   May 8 2015, 01:17 PM
davep   [quote name='davep' post='2184573' date='May 8 20...   May 11 2015, 02:16 PM
tumamilhem   [quote name='davep' post='2184573' date='May 8 2...   May 12 2015, 08:32 AM
tumamilhem   No. JRust told me in our correspondence that the c...   May 8 2015, 07:07 PM
Old Yella   wtf   May 8 2015, 11:07 PM
rhodyguy   :WTF: what the hell are you guys doing?   May 9 2015, 02:19 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 08:34 AM