Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Original Wheels 1974, Trying to determine original wheels
simonjb
post Oct 19 2016, 10:41 AM
Post #1

KiwiMan

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,505
Region Association: North East States

Hi

I am new to the 914 (but not new to Porsche with a 1997 9934S and a 1993 RS America). I need some help from the experts here on the original wheels that would have been on a 1974 914 2.0 manufactured in 9/73 with the appearance package. Is this the correct wheels?

If So, what is the name of this wheel?

Thanks for any help!!!Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Tom_T
post Oct 19 2016, 10:54 AM
Post #2

TMI....

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

Yes Simon,

Those would've been the Appearance/Performance Groups' wheel - it's loosely called the Fuchs 2-Liter for that reason, forged aluminum alloy with an anodized finish & matte finish on the background area behind the smooth/shiny "petals"/"blades" & rim.

For the 74 MY they were available under either the option groups or as a stand alone option on any 914/2.0 or 1.8, & they were a generally included option on all 73 MY 2.0s during the first 8+/- months when they 2.0Ls were fully loaded for the US market & marketed here as the "914-S" ( http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=107851 ), then still included on most of the later 73 MY "decontented" 2.0's - as well as an option on the 1.7s (though not often ordered/found that way on 1.7s from the factory).

There is great originality info in the Originality & History Forum, & it has some nailed topics, including "Wheels & Tries" & "The Few, the Rare..." which you should look through for info on originality.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 07:26 AM