Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> D-Jet Grur's, Gas crunch got you
JoeSharp
post May 7 2006, 08:03 PM
Post #1

In Irvine, Ca. May 15-18

Group: Members
Member No.: 898
Region Association: South East States

Linda's car got 49.16 MPG coming back from AZ.
Twin Solex's with a D-Jet cam.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
JoeSharp
post May 7 2006, 11:40 PM
Post #2

In Irvine, Ca. May 15-18

Group: Members
Member No.: 898
Region Association: South East States

Aaron: I have not even looked at a plug. All I did was install the carbs and set the timing. The car was down for that and the tranny. The engine is smoking on decel and I supect that it needs head work.
I once converted a squar back to carbs and got great gas mileage, it got 48 at one time.
We are going to have to do an engine at some time soon. I have a 2270 and a 2L that need to be built and I would like to do these carbs on one of them.
I think that the 2270 with low compression and these carbs would be a great engine for a driver. I also belive that it would get over 50 MPG (on long distances).
I'm hoping that someone would chalange me to prove this. Cause Linda is driving her car to the WWC (Wild West Classic).
Howard was keeping track of the milage on his GPS and was telling me that Linda was getting 42 then 44. So on the way home I told Linda to slow down to between 65 and 70. And there it was when we got home to my place . She used 6 gallons and we did 295 miles.As it happened today Linda drove past the place I wanted her to fill-up at and we drove all the way home. If she had stoped when I wanted her to, she would have gotten well over 50 mpg. I'm going to keep working on it and I will post the results as they happen.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Joe Sharp   D-Jet Grur's   May 7 2006, 08:03 PM
Twystd1   Joe, Thats cause YOU know how to tune the beejezu...   May 7 2006, 08:14 PM
Aaron Cox   OMG. nice!!!   May 7 2006, 08:21 PM
Joe Sharp   The tuning is just about to start on it and I want...   May 7 2006, 08:28 PM
Aaron Cox   whats the LM-1 say?   May 7 2006, 08:37 PM
Joe Sharp   Aaron: I have not even looked at a plug. All I did...   May 7 2006, 11:40 PM
/L.   Pushie isn't HE <_< The car ran great,...   May 8 2006, 12:24 AM
Twystd1   Joe, The engine would actually be more efficient a...   May 8 2006, 12:43 AM
newto914s   Congrats! but do you have any idea what your h...   May 8 2006, 01:57 AM
SLITS   The EPA Ratings were calculated; they never actual...   May 8 2006, 09:14 AM
Rotten Robby  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 03:14 AM