Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> cams... the good,bad and the ugly, whats your real world experiance?
orange914
post Aug 22 2007, 12:52 AM
Post #1

http://5starmediaworks.com/index.html

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,818
Region Association: Northern California

what dual pattern cams are out there for the stockish type IV? something with driveability and engine longevity as big factor. what are your good and bad experiances with them? which ones have been found to be (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) ? which ones (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) ?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Jake Raby
post Aug 24 2007, 09:45 AM
Post #2

Engine Surgeon

Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

Rebecca walked him through his order yesterday, she even put the items in his shopping cart for him.

Yes, we are only set up for online orders, all the people here that are skilled with these engines enough to offer telephone support are where they belong- in the shop.

We will add the 9550 cam to the remainder of your order and get it shipped out with the heads no later than Monday- BUT we DO NOT have the credit card number on file, we do not save these here for security purposes. EMAIL REBECCA!!!

The problems with cams these days is lifters and oils- these are so important that the ONLY way we'll sell someone a cam is after a thorough online seminar that we can use to go over each aspect of the camshaft and related components. It is MANDATORY that valve train components be compatible. My new method for this takes away any chances of error unless the person makes a stupid mistake.

I refuse to sell a cam and lifters to anyone that does not vow to use our recommended oils, today you can pour in instant death to your cam and lifters from a bottle of engine oil and we have taken the time and spent the money it has taken to get real information as to what works and what don't.
+Quote Post
orange914
post Aug 24 2007, 05:06 PM
Post #3

http://5starmediaworks.com/index.html

Member No.: 3,818
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Aug 24 2007, 08:45 AM) *

Rebecca walked him through his order yesterday, she even put the items in his shopping cart for him.

thank you for the help with the online order, things went smoothly after registration issue was resolved.

We will add the 9550 cam to the remainder of your order and get it shipped out with the heads no later than Monday- BUT we DO NOT have the credit card number on file, we do not save these here for security purposes. EMAIL REBECCA!!!

thank you for putting my order thru, i've heard great things about the 9550 cam. i'm alittle old school maybe like many others in terms of online card # transfer but i did break down and put my # online with the order as that was the only way the online order would go through.

The problems with cams these days is lifters and oils- these are so important that the ONLY way we'll sell someone a cam is after a thorough online seminar that we can use to go over each aspect of the camshaft and related components. It is MANDATORY that valve train components be compatible. My new method for this takes away any chances of error unless the person makes a stupid mistake.

in my order i took your advice and ordered lifters, oil& filters, all the items you've promted for the best build, i think we all at this site can appreciate your dedicated efforts in type IV developement

I refuse to sell a cam and lifters to anyone that does not vow to use our recommended oils, today you can pour in instant death to your cam and lifters from a bottle of engine oil and we have taken the time and spent the money it has taken to get real information as to what works and what don't.

very good oil article on oil on aircooledtechnologizes site. i will take info. to heart, my long term investment relies on it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

thanks, mike
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
orange914   cams... the good,bad and the ugly   Aug 22 2007, 12:52 AM
Dan (Almaden Valley)   I have the Raby 9550 in my 2056 and it is working ...   Aug 22 2007, 12:59 AM
Joe Ricard   I had a 86b in my old motor. not optimal because ...   Aug 22 2007, 06:00 AM
Twystd1   A proper aftermarket cam and lifters and the accom...   Aug 22 2007, 01:53 PM
orange914   i'm looking for streetability, engine life vrs...   Aug 22 2007, 04:03 PM
Joe Ricard   Pretty much the Raby 9550 including his lifters wi...   Aug 22 2007, 04:08 PM
orange914   Pretty much the Raby 9550 including his lifters w...   Aug 22 2007, 04:46 PM
anderssj   Pretty much the Raby 9550 including his lifters ...   Aug 23 2007, 09:14 AM
toon1   Pretty much the Raby 9550 including his lifters ...   Aug 22 2007, 05:14 PM
davep   The biggest problem with cams is the lifters. If y...   Aug 22 2007, 05:17 PM
Twystd1   Uhhhh. Jake doesn't sell cams and lifters any...   Aug 22 2007, 09:22 PM
craig downs   Jake has come up with a new plan to start selling ...   Aug 23 2007, 10:08 AM
rdauenhauer   :headbanger: Unless you have CERAMIC LIFTERS ...   Aug 23 2007, 03:20 PM
orange914   :headbanger: Unless you have CERAMIC LIFTERS ...   Aug 23 2007, 04:02 PM
jwalters   From a very few people I know who run them, Iskend...   Aug 23 2007, 04:50 PM
Jake Raby   Rebecca walked him through his order yesterday, sh...   Aug 24 2007, 09:45 AM
orange914   Rebecca walked him through his order yesterday, s...   Aug 24 2007, 05:06 PM
Brando   I refuse to sell a cam and lifters to anyone that ...   Aug 24 2007, 08:40 PM
jwalters   we have taken the time and spent the money it ha...   Aug 25 2007, 03:42 PM
Joe Ricard   Thanks for deleting my post. I was only asking ...   Aug 24 2007, 06:51 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 01:42 AM