Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Need help with tire size!, 5 lug conversion with 16" fuchs
otifs76
post Feb 20 2013, 12:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,558
Region Association: South East States

Hello all...

I'm a newbie, so please bear with me.

I have a '76 2.0. It's been a work in progress for about two and a half years (life tends to get in the way).

So far, I have swapped the fuel injection for Webers, redone the entire interior in black leather, with black suede inserts on the seats, wrapped the dashboard, and headliner (bottom of targa top) in suede. All with red french stitching. All I'm missing for the interior are the RS panels, and I'm waiting on good deal for those, so if anyone here has a or knows of a set, please let me know. But that's not the reason for my posting.

I just finished putting the front suspension off an '85 911 along with the front rotors, calipers etc. I moved my front calipers to the back, and had the hub drilled to accomodate the 5 lug wheel. I have a set of Fuchs 16X7, and 16X6 to put on the car. Only problem is that I am unsure as to the tire size. A local rim shop told me to use 205/50's in th back, and 195/50's in the front. It just seems to me that that would be way too low a profile. I saw a white 914 with polished fuchs soomewhere on this site ( i believe it was the car of the month?), and would like to have that look.

On another note, is it possible to replace my rubber bumpers with chrome one's. If I can, what would I need to accomplish that?

I will post pics soon of the car and all I've done to it.

Thanks to everyone in advance for all your help.

Ralph
Miami, FL
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 06:12 AM