Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> I stepped to the dark side, Raced a 911 this weekend
drew365
post Dec 6 2004, 10:28 AM
Post #1

These are the good old days!

Group: Members
Member No.: 37

I attended the POC racers clinic at Buttonwillow this weekend. My 914-6 ran great all day Saturday. We were the last group on the track and got in after dark. A bunch of people complimented me on how well the 914 cornered. I got back in the car after impound and it made a horrible noise after starting. Sounds like the flywheel fell apart.
My friend let me run his 911 so I could complete the clinic on Sunday. I had never driven 911 before and was worried about damaging someone elses car. I finished the clinic, took 4th in our 15 lap race and my best time was 1.5 sec faster than in the 914. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) And that was with a 245 tire with 8 inch rim on the left rear and right front and a 225 tire with 7 inch rim on the right rear and left front because we did a complete brake job and miss matched the tires trying to get me to grid on time. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th June 2024 - 07:01 PM