Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Trunk Carpet, covering entire trunk surface
'73-914kid
post Oct 22 2013, 10:47 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,714
Region Association: Southern California

A while back, I was rummaging around the local upholstry supply store and noticed a huge roll of almost identical German Perlon Felt. It looked just like my headliner and trunk carpet piece, so that gave me an idea..

Has anyone ever covered every surface of their front and rear trunk with perlon to match say a modern car or even a 911? I feel like I've seen the frunk of a 911 completely covered in Perlon..

Has anyone done this before, or have a reason not to? My trunks don't match the car color, and show some signs of abuse, and I feel like covering it all in perlon would hide all that and make it look a lot more clean.. Even cover the gas tank to prevent dust from settling around the tank and giving that chalky look to the fender wells underneath the trunk springs..

TIA, Ethan
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 08:52 PM