Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> So this happened..., ...when the garage door collapsed a few months ago
Madswede
post Mar 24 2015, 09:52 PM
Post #1

Flat Out Driver

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,831
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Topic says it - garage door comes off, knocks a heavy armored laptop (ironically the tuning laptop) onto the side of the car, somehow wedging it. I vaguely remember picking it up and putting it back, but didn't suspect damage and and didn't notice this for weeks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) Can't believe I didn't check it out sooner, but honestly I was too worried about securing my garage to go to work. Idiotic.

Anyway, I had the insurance guy here today and he's recommending I find a specialized painter and body shop to do the repair. Also looking into whether my homeowner's insurance will cover this...

Attached Image
And, if you're not crying yet...
Attached Image

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif)
I want it to be repaired to the quality of the rest of the paint, of course (you can see me in the reflection and it's dusty). I'm looking around ABQ with some recommendations from the locals, but not entirely sure I'll trust them with this. Not looking at the the big name bodyshop, crank 'em in & crank 'em out guys, never know who's going to be painting that day. Might go with a guy in Phoenix that Wills recommends. There is time to do this, and do it right. I'm just going to move on...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 11:38 AM