Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hard miles on the "hybrid" 2316, Tyhe DTM rocks
Jake Raby
post Mar 14 2005, 02:22 PM
Post #1

Engine Surgeon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

Last weekend the Hybrid 2316 made it's first long trip down to the SE Dyno Day. Since then I have driven it 1,000 miles and its doing great. At Dyno Day it pulled 144HP and 144 lb/ft of torque at the rear wheels with a totally flat torque curve.

This engine lacks some top end HP but through the curve it is absolutely phenomenol for the "First try". I KNOW that this combo has a ton more potential for peak numbers, but DAMN is it faster than it used to be when it did make better peak numbers.

The DM is exceptional at cooling, oil temps have not even hit 190 the first time and head temps always run less than 300 degrees, no matter how hard I try it won't go over 300- Even in 5th gear climbing a hill. I have a dual CHT in the car now to measure how well the DTM keeps the air balanced and the biggest difference I have seen has been 15 degrees. The dual gauge has a switch to switch between both cylinders on each bank to check individual cylinders and between all 4 cylinders the biggest variance I have seen is 20 degrees.

All I have for an external cooler is the smallest 24 plate Mesa cooler that can be bought. It is not even placed up front, its in the rear by the tranny.

Chris Foley is coming down to install a roll cage for me next week in the 914 while we are dynoing his FP engine for his first national race in 2005- RAT powered. Plans for later in the summer include adding some flares and a shiny paint job. Then this one will be 100% finished.

I just figured I'd give you some insight to how it has been doing since it hit the road. I haven't been posting much and thought I'd let you know how its been doing. I plan to tear it down in the fall to make a cam swap and give it some added CR.

The 914 DTM is still in the mold making process, but the hard part is finished.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Jake Raby   Hard miles on the "hybrid" 2316   Mar 14 2005, 02:22 PM
spunone   What type and size of carbs you using would like t...   Mar 14 2005, 02:34 PM
groot   Congrats, Jake. Sounds like a winner. BTW..... on...   Mar 14 2005, 03:04 PM
Jake Raby   Cool.. I am also having a 16 channel logger built ...   Mar 14 2005, 03:48 PM
mike_the_man   Good to hear from you Jake! I always enjoy yo...   Mar 14 2005, 03:58 PM
Jake Raby   I have been steering clear of making many posts re...   Mar 14 2005, 04:21 PM
seanery   I can't wait to see one of these things! ...   Mar 14 2005, 06:49 PM
Jake Raby   Yep... Sean and I will be working on a new video s...   Mar 14 2005, 06:53 PM
seanery   yeah, with a Hi Def camera Bay Bay!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 06:47 AM