Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Distributor options - 1911 w/Weber 40's
Optimusglen
post Dec 8 2016, 12:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,709
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Backstory on my build. Car was built to a 1911 over 20 years ago by a previous owner. Sat in a garage for 20 years before I purchased it and tore it apart. So I'm working with an already modified engine.

Previous owner had no complaints about driveability and really loved the thing.

The car has dual Weber IDF 40's, and a 009 distributor. I'm getting closer to tuning and first start and wanted to get some things squared away.

First, I've read that the 009 is not recommended for these. I'm looking for other options with the caveat that it's fairly inexpensive. My project funds were cut short when my wife and I found out we are having a kid.

Second, if it was running acceptable before, should I just put the 009 back in? What are the tuning issues if I went this route?

Third, if I get a vacuum advance distributor, where to I pull the vacuum from?

And because (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/c1.staticflickr.com-19709-1481221479.1.jpg)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/c1.staticflickr.com-19709-1481221479.2.jpg)
This photo sums up the entire project pretty well. Filthy, take it all apart and clean, reassemble with new rubber/seals/gaskets.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 05:45 PM