Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> What size engine? Ways to figure out my displacement...
Jameel
post Jul 7 2017, 07:17 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,239
Region Association: None

I've got my engine on a stand and I'd like to try and figure out how much displacement I've got. I just replaced all my pushrod tube seals and did a valve adjustment, so I don't want to remove the heads. The engine came out of a '71 and was running 40IDF's when I bought it. The car makes a lot more power than a stock '71 injected engine, so I'm curiousif it's been fitted with larger cylinders. Might just be the carbs I'm feeling...

One idea I've got is to set a piston at BDC on the intake stroke and then CC the chamber through the spark plug hole, carefully stopping the liquid when I reach the bottom of the plug hole, then measure the amount.

Problem is, the intake valve will still be slightly open at BDC, since most cams have at least one valve open at BDC.

Got any ideas?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 05:11 PM