Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> End of Drive - Results and Thank You's..., Easton Peters Family Fund
Qarl
post Jun 17 2005, 10:10 AM
Post #1

Shriveled member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 271
Region Association: None

Okay Fellow 914club Members and family...

I have many, many, many people to thank.... so many I can't fit them all on one page.

The support you all have shown for the Peters family regarding the loss of little ^Easton^ has been overwhelming. What started out as a fund drive to help pay for medical expenses and buy something special for Easton when he came home from the hospital has turned to something more difficult for us all to deal with... a fund to help the Peters family with the burial of their precious little boy.

Everyone has gone above and beyond in their outcrying of support and fellowship shown here. Many of you messaged me and said you just couldn't afford anything... but the thought alone and they many well wishes and prayers sent are contribution enough.

Tonight is the 2 week mark for the fund and I am going to close it. It has taken up a considerable amount of my time... but every minute and hour has been well worth it.

Peters Family Fund Drive

I know... in the days, months, or years down the road, I will find myself standing in Steve Peters shoes when Hunter passes away.... so in a way, this has been good for me to do... to help a fellow brother during a tragic loss, because I know some day, I may need the support and fellowship too.

While a fund or financial contributions will never replace a loved one, will never ease the pain, or reduce the burden of loss... hopefully it will relieve a little of the financial stress involved.

It saddens me that we have to help a fellow brother bury his son... and yet... it enlightens me to see the hundreds of strangers that come together for a great cause.

So how did we do?

Statistics:

12p people in all contributed, plus me

I still have some pledged checks outstanding. I know they are coming.

Contributions ranged from $5 to $565.00!

There are a few noteworthy people who went above and beyond themselves for the fund drive in the amount the contributed... ($100+)

William Pickering
Eric Shea (for his contributions and caliper auctions)
Carl Cilker
Charles Robbins
LN Engineering
Robert Dekkers
Michael Wills
Howard Dranow
Craig Laughlin
Mike Mueller
Elliot Cannon
Joseph Sedotto
Rick Ollah (for his photo auctions)

I hope I didn't miss anybody

Quite a few people donated multiple times... including

Albert Buanelos
Arthur Matulac
David Chapman
Eric Shea
Greg Silva
Lyressa Roberts
Mike Mueller
Paul Leggins
Speciak K (Kevin)
Joe from Trigram
William Pickering
Joseph Sedotto
Larry Dildine

Okay....

A special thank you is in order to Howard Dranow and the WCCC05 Sponsors for their fund match drive

Okay... do you want to know how we did?

Grand Total $6,766.29

I have already sent the first check to the Peters family yesterday ($4600+). Once Paypal clears and I receive the rest of the checks, then I will send the balance.

Thank you, thank you... from the bottom of my heart.

Regards,

Karl Ellzey
Hunter's Dad
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 09:58 AM