Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Passenger side Headlight motor operation, erratic operation - relay seems OK
potomacmidget
post Feb 27 2023, 01:36 PM
Post #1

I gotta have more cowbell....

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,860
Region Association: North East States

Hello All,

I need some help on my passenger side headlight - specifically the motor operation which has become erratic. It's a well sorted out car from another board member, and I have had it about 10 years. The passenger side light always popped up and recessed a little slower than the other unit, but in the end it fully opened and fully closed so I was certainly not going to mess with it. It now remains about 50% "up", and when I turn of the headlights it closes about 75%. if I use the plastic wheel to crank it down to 'closed" , once it reaches closed it pops up about 3/4 and then goes down to about 1/4 open. It's like its lost its ability to "Home". I swapped the relay from the driver side light and got the same performance. Any ideas appreciated. I have a fair number of spare relays I can test it with again. I tried to upload a video but it was not cooperating....

thanks,
Reg
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 12:23 PM