Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Ups and downs today, an overall crappy 914 day
MattR
post Aug 13 2005, 09:02 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,589
Region Association: Northern California

I need a nickname that involves "fucking oil leak".

So yesterday I start in on my oil leak for round 35. I pull out the galley plug i drilled and tapped because I see some oil over there. I put a slight coat of RTV on the threads hoping maybe I fuched that up. The battery is out of juice, so I crank the engine over and VOILA, no engine leak!!! Its late so I get to bed ready to assemble the whole thing again.

I wake up this morning, charge up the battery, throw in some gas, and start up the car to make sure I'm leak free. DRIP DRIP DRIP... fuck.

I pull the cooler again and take a look at my seals. The new seals I got to replace my other new seals dont seem to fit quite right, so I replace my new new seals with my old new seals (both with 0 miles on them). I clean off all the permatex around the area and install it fairly dry. I crank it again and no leaks! I hook up the coil wire to start and run it for 10 seconds and it leaks... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/dry.gif)

My last option: smear a little RTV around the oil cooler seals. This is a "last resort" thing. I really didnt want to do it, but if my seal wasnt seating properly on the cooler side, I could at least know if this stopped the leak. Once again, no luck.

So its got to be a cracked block, right?

In any case the engine is coming out tonight/tomorrow and Im going to take it on a mecca to get it leak free. The journey starts in orange county with some local gurus down there, and if that doesnt work I drive it to San Diego to a shop I know down there thats pro (*shameless plug* ACME Hot Rods).

I'll stop by AAron's house to pick up the anal lube for the reaming I'll take from the hot rod shop (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/happy11.gif)(actually it shouldnt be too bad, and making fun of AAron is in poor taste because he's tried to help me so much, but he doesnt mind).
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 10:00 AM