Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Front Trunk Cable and Housing Replacement, Who's done the "Back up" release:
Root_Werks
post Aug 10 2023, 09:36 AM
Post #1

Village Idiot

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,105
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Last week, pulled the Frunk handle and it pulled further than it normally does. Frunk still opened. Upon inspection, the old plastic housing broke close to the latch.

Fast forward a week and now I have the 914Rubber cable and housing installed (very beefy). Also used the opportunity to rekey the lock to match the rest of the 914 thanks to this link:

http://www.914world.com/specs/rekey.php

Question,

Anyone ever install any sort of backup unlatching system? Cable that runs bellow the spare tire well? Or is it just remove the bumper and use the little hole method?

Always thought if the cable failed when it's time to fill the tank...be nice to just reach under and pop the hood rather than dig out the tools and pull the bumper.

And yes, I did forget to remove the Frunk stops before the 914 was painted. But everyone's still allowed to razz me about it anyway.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 09:13 AM