Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: Cell Phone Companies Are, LEGALIZED EXTORTION
Brando
post Dec 9 2005, 06:25 PM
Post #1

BUY MY SPARE KIDNEY!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,648
Region Association: Southern California

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/headbang.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/Yack.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/chair.gif) ARRRRRGH

Ever since SPRINT bought NexTel I've been getting nothing but bullshit with my cell service. For the past 5 years I've sent payments a week ahead as always, never had any hiccups or problems.

Last month after SPRINT shortly purchased Nextel for their network, I had to start a new plan or pay over $200 for a new phone. I take the cheaper route (new plan, contract, service and number) and get a free phone. I receive my first bill, $109 including service and setup fees. I send in a check on the 28th of November, well before my due date of December 10th. They just credited my account today for that amount -- over a week later! The check was actually cashed on the 2nd of December -- says my bank. This delay in their crediting my account results in my current balance on the account to exceed the undisclosed spending limit on my account. Spending limit? WTF? In my previous 5 years of Nextel service there never was a spending limit on any phone. I use my phone, go over my minutes I send a check and BAM it's done... none of this "We're disconnecting you for going over a set amount." Where did that come from?

I spend roughly an hour on the phone with Customer Service (now an oxy-moron as skline will tell you). I start with account finances -- why? -- I can't do anything until I pay off part of the balance that's there. Fine, here's next month's payment, get me someone who can rectify this spending limit deal. I get transferred to someone in... cancellations? What the crap is that? The person in that department actually gave me usable info.

Me: "Why is there a spending limit?
CSR2: Your credit has determined that will be your spending limit."
Me: "Can you change anything? There should not be a limit as when I started my service plan and contract there was no mention whatsoever about a spending limit determined by my credit. In fact, at my local Nextel store they just swiped my credit card, told me I was pre-approved for $0 deposit, three lines and no other limitations."
CSR2: "I'm sorry you're frustrated but they should have explained that to you fully when starting your service plan and explained your contract."
Me: "Well, is there any chance you can change or drop the limit? I use this is my personal and business line and frankly this could seriously screw me up. I'm gauranteed to go over minutes every month just due to that fact."
CSR2: "I can't change anything, unless you want to cancel service."
Me: "So what are you capable of? It seems that the only thing that any person in your customer service can do is take a payment or transfer you elsewhere."
CSR2: "Again, I'm sorry you're frustrated by this but there really isn't anything I can do. I don't have access to anything that could modify your account. You would have to go to the Nextel store you set your plan up with and see if they could modify your plan from there and rectify any problems."
Me: "See, I don't really believe that since all they could do was submit the information to Sprint/Nextel to set up the account. If all they do is submit it to your company for processing, I need to speak with someone -- anyone within your company that can directly access my account and change or modify records."
CSR2: "Like I said, I don't have that kind of access, but I can transfer you over to someone in accounts who can."

It is as though every employee there has the capability of running your credit card for payments, but not actually accomplishing anything beneficial to the customer; unless you would like to cancel your service, then they take $200 and turn your phone off. I check my contract and service agreement, nothing about an account limit or "spending limit" present. This other CS Manager should be able to make changes to your account and help you with your concerns.

This transfers me over to another voice-menu-select system. GREAT (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/dry.gif)

I eventually get through to someone in some other accounts, ask for a manager, hold for 5 minutes, someone picks up.

Me: "Hi, I've been transferred through about 3 departments, landing me here. Appearantly I have a "spending limit" on my account. I need it removed."
CSM: "Well we can't remove or change that because the spending limit is determined by your credit."
Me: "That's what I've heard thus far, but in actuality when I started my service there was to be no spending limit. I can't find any wording of such a thing in my service contract so where did it come from?"
CSM: "Well your service outlet should have explained to you--"
Me: "Well they didn't. All they did was swipe my card, tell me I was approved for up to 3 lines with no deposit and limitations. Why would that change now after I signed all the paperwork?"
CSM: "It looks like after they ran your credit they showed you eligible for a set spending limit which you might possibly go over--"
Me: "I was transferred to you from someone in cancellations who told me they had no access to my account and that you would be able to correct this. I need the limit higher or gone completely."
CSM: "We cannot do that. If you check back with us in about 3 months we can run your credit again and maybe approve you for a higher spending limit."
Me: "If you have the capability to make a change in three months, why can't you make it now?"
CSM: "Because it's based on your credit, I can't do anything about it."
Me: "I don't believe that. Your company has been completely unwilling to do anything about this matter in any way. Your customer service is bullshit."

There is no such thing as customer service anymore. My next phone service will be a pay by minutes plan. Nextel was wonderful for me before Sprint got involved.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/boid.gif) -> Sprint/Nextel

/rant
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Brando   OT: Cell Phone Companies Are   Dec 9 2005, 06:25 PM
JB 914   similar thing happened to my buddy's daughter....   Dec 9 2005, 06:49 PM
bondo   I hate cellphone company buyouts. I got my first c...   Dec 9 2005, 06:58 PM
Sparky   I'm in a long drawn out fight with Cingular. L...   Dec 9 2005, 07:29 PM
effutuo101   Pretty much cell companies can kiss my butt. I hav...   Dec 9 2005, 07:55 PM
Porcharu   Cancel the SOB. There is still customer service a...   Dec 9 2005, 08:25 PM
SharonG   ...   Dec 12 2005, 08:39 AM
Root_Werks   Ron and Kevin, couldn't have said it better my...   Dec 12 2005, 09:06 AM
Bleyseng   Shit, I have two cell phones..........one from wor...   Dec 12 2005, 09:24 AM
TimT   Maybe it is an age thing. Im 44 and only have the ...   Dec 12 2005, 09:41 AM
Mark Henry     Dec 12 2005, 10:54 AM
Air_Cooled_Nut   T-Mobile user and feeling okay w/mine. No land li...   Dec 12 2005, 11:55 AM
Jeffs9146     Dec 12 2005, 12:06 PM
jhadler   Well, I have T-Mobile (A.K.A. Deutsche Telekom), a...   Dec 12 2005, 12:28 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 11:51 PM