Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Torque your lug bolts lately?, Oops - how did that fall off?
GaroldShaffer
post Apr 30 2006, 08:31 PM
Post #1

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

The bonehad award of the day goes to ME

Had our test & tune solo today.Nice 45 mph winds and rain (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif) I'm the solo chairman for our region and with this being our first event I had my thoughts someplace else. I ran with my street tires today (bridgestone Potenzas) after 16 runs (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) and about 2 miles from the solo site the front end starts to shimmy REAL bad. I quickly pull of the road just as my driver front tire falls off.

Guess what dum shit forgot to do, yep check the lugbolt torque (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif) Chipped paint on lower fender, pulled the rolled fender lip out abit and put a nice marke on the tire also. I was SOOOOOO lucky another milre or so and I would been on the highway.

What sucks the most is I run my street tires on minilites. I bought these from a fellow club member (hi Van) and he had minilites drilled with tappered bolt seat and the minilites lugbolts have a different tapper to them than Fuch lugbolts. So I lost two lugs bolts and f'd up a third. I had a spare set of Fuch bolts with me so I used them to get home with. I'm not sure what to do about the missing bolts. There is a place in the SCCA magazine that sells panosport (minilites) So I will see what they can do for lug bolts. I think I would be fine running with the fuchs bolts, but??????

Picture of teh small damage to front fender. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Anyone got L20E touchup paint they don't need?

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
itsa914   Torque your lug bolts lately?   Apr 30 2006, 08:31 PM
Aaron Cox   BTDT - had to weld on a new fender..... you got o...   Apr 30 2006, 08:33 PM
itsa914   Minlite bolt on left   Apr 30 2006, 08:34 PM
itsa914   differences it taper of minilit vs fuch lugbolt. I...   Apr 30 2006, 08:35 PM
Aaron Cox   ball seat vs cone seat? then NO. IIRC - people ha...   Apr 30 2006, 08:37 PM
drewvw   had a similar expirience a couple years ago with m...   Apr 30 2006, 08:38 PM
itsa914  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 12:50 PM