Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> If you had one word to describe the club.......
TROJANMAN
post May 1 2006, 01:28 PM
Post #1

Looks nice in pictures.........

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,753
Region Association: None

First off, thank you to EVERYONE who helped with my Dad's car this weekend. You guys gave one heck of a first impression to him (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) Which leads me to the reason I am posting this thread...........

My one word: GENEROUS

The generosity of this group never ceases to amaze me. In Colorado, we have a GREAT group of guys. I mean a really great group of guys. I figured all of the help I receive from them, is because of their willingness to want to help out a local guy, and the "extra step " they sometimes take is because we all personally know one another. The Colorado group is great and I thought that their generosity was a local phenomenon. But then to come to California, meet some people for the first time, and receive that kind of help from them is UNBELIEVABLE. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

I made a comment to a few people this weekend about how unbelievable it is that all of this started over a silly little car. But this group is so much more about a silly little car. I can't even begin to name the numerous fund raising events that have taken place in this "forum", not to mention all of the good deads that go by unnoticed. This place is amazing. Club, Non-Club, LLC: Call it what you want, but to many of us, it feels like family.

When my dad and I got home last night, we sat down for dinner with everyone, and my dad would not stop talking about how amazed he was at all of the help we received on his car. He kept saying, "everytime I thought we were ready to leave, someone started to fix something else", and all without asking! He went on and on. It was great. And it wasn't just 2 or 3 people helping out. It was everyone. I want to give special thanks to Clayton and Brandon, since they did most of the wrenching. But I also want to make sure you all know that everyone's help was appreciated. And then there's RON. I hope everyone in the 914 world knows what an assett this guy is to the whole community. The poor guy did not rest the whole day. Everytime you turned around, he was running around carrying some sort of part for someone. You rock Ron.

And thank you everyone who showed up. It was great meeting new people and swapping new and old stories and picking on Aaron. At the end of the day, we all sat around in the warehouse talking about engine swapping/building and cars, but it felt like we were all sitting around a campfire.

I can keep going, but I think you guys get the picture.

Thanks again everyone (and not just from this weekend) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
TROJANMAN   If you had one word to describe the club.......   May 1 2006, 01:28 PM
Eric_Shea   Family   May 1 2006, 01:30 PM
LvSteveH  
  May 1 2006, 02:19 PM
VegasRacer   Ausgezeichnet :gerflag:   May 1 2006, 02:19 PM
bmunday   Well "MENTAL" comes to mind.... :DRUNK: ...   May 1 2006, 02:26 PM
Headrage  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 03:10 AM