Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Targa Bar Pad Install, Remove hardware? Best procedure???
william harris
post May 6 2006, 07:52 PM
Post #1

914 Restorer

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,539

OK, now that the rear glass is back in the car, today I made my first attempt to reinstall the targa bar pad. Didn't go too well. I had previously bolted the locking clamps into place and they presented a real obstacle to placing the targa bar pad properly. One, it takes two guys and you must try to wiggle and twist the pad around the handle and hardware. In the process I scraped the fresh paint off the hardware in the pad where the hooks pass thru - these had faded to a dull metallic from years of sun. But, if I remove the hardware it appears damn near impossible to put the clamps in place after the pad is screwed onto the car. Guys - Craig at Camp 914 - someone must have done this a million times? WHAT IS THE CORRECT PROCEDURE??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
william harris   Targa Bar Pad Install   May 6 2006, 07:52 PM
markb   I'm glad you asked this. I'm ready to put ...   May 6 2006, 08:38 PM
Doug Leggins   I had to remove the 2 latch covers from the targa ...   May 7 2006, 08:20 AM
william harris   Doug you must have magic fingers, those little scr...   May 7 2006, 09:16 AM
computers4kids  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 12:10 AM