Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Current 914/6 oil tank options, a summary of a borderline FAQ
lapuwali
post May 31 2006, 03:55 PM
Post #1

Not another one!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,743

From what I've been able to dig up so far:

An OEM tank is available for roughly $1100, plus you need the oil filter base and the filler neck. The bird has these, probably others, too.

PMS sells an Al tank for $800, plus oil filter base and filler neck. They also have a neck for $115. I didn't see the oil filter thingie on their site.

The DWD tank listed under the vendor's section says "see the club store", which isn't an option right now. So, what's the story here?

GPR doesn't list a tank on their site, though it's rumored they offer the DWD tank.

Am I the only one that keeps thinking of Dirk Wright Disease when I see "DWD"?

There are various "race" tanks available, but they all seem to require mounting in the front trunk, which I'm not doing.

The OEM style tank mounts the oil filter in such a way that you're pretty much certain to drip oil all over the engine bay changing it. An inline filter that (for example) runs between the outlet from the scavenge port to the tank, which mounts below the tin on the firewall, seems a better approach to me. Anyone try this, perhaps with a custom tank that still fits in the fenderwell?

Any other oil tank options?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
lapuwali   Current 914/6 oil tank options   May 31 2006, 03:55 PM
SirAndy  
  Jun 1 2006, 12:38 AM
9146986   I would only recommend the factory or GPR (DWD) ta...   Jun 1 2006, 06:43 AM
McMark   Put it this way. Andy's car is in my shop and...   Jun 1 2006, 11:45 AM
morgan_harwell   >Mark Stephens made a few fiberglass oil tanks,...   Jun 1 2006, 01:14 PM
dflesburg   Why not put a dry sump tank in the front trunk lik...   Jun 1 2006, 01:32 PM
McMark  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 06:22 AM