Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> EEETTTTSSSS AAAALLLLLLLIIIIIVVVVEEEEE, and flyin!
Aaron Cox
post Jun 8 2006, 10:05 PM
Post #1

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

long story about the down time on my car....

something along the lines of "smaller venturi's and raby jetting suggestion" to optimize performance....

blah blah blah... remove cold start stuff like a few guru's said... "why is it dumping 8 gallons of fuel down each throat" blah blah blah.... call brad... put cold start pistons back in... and finish the carb rebuild....

anyway. so last weekend had the car close.... but my lame dial fuel regulator croaked... and was spitting fuel out the accedl jets at "3" PSI... but falling on its face at 2.5....

Problem solved. KaptKaos sold/traded me a CB rotary internal regulated pump...

car idles great. starts up first crank. roll onto throttle, idle circuits werkin bitchin, and i was getting a little hesitation onto main tranisiton but would do OK at WOT.....

up the main jet to a 135 from a 130 and it is BADASS....

totally smooth thru the powerband, no smoke, no hiccups, backfires or coughing.....

runs AWESOME. i am soooo stoked. car flies. lit up the 8" fuchs wrapped in yokohamas like butta LOL.....

i have a slight crack in a header weld and need to fix it....

gotta throw in the short geared tranny... and go fight some electrical gremlins, and i am good to go...

my dad liked the second gear chirp LOL

AA
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Aaron Cox   EEETTTTSSSS AAAALLLLLLLIIIIIVVVVEEEEE   Jun 8 2006, 10:05 PM
TROJANMAN   Holy Crap.............Did you see that ..............   Jun 8 2006, 10:10 PM
jd74914   Aaron, do you have a list of your entire engine fo...   Jun 8 2006, 10:11 PM
BigDBass   :chkflag:   Jun 8 2006, 10:13 PM
Aaron Cox   blah.... see if i can remember... 71x94 2L 8.5 is...   Jun 8 2006, 10:14 PM
jd74914  
  Jun 8 2006, 10:15 PM
Hammy   Good Job! Can...   Jun 9 2006, 09:00 AM
Headrage   Wanna trade? :D   Jun 9 2006, 09:01 AM
spunone   Did you get time to put on the new stacks??or are ...   Jun 9 2006, 09:02 AM
Aaron Cox  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 03:16 AM