Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Ignition key not turning enough to engage the starter
moggy
post Jul 12 2006, 11:49 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,285

I recently had a problem where the car would not start. I isolated it to the starter switch which as when I shorted the relevant wires out at the starter switch the starter would engage and the car swould start. I've now replaced that electrical part at the end of the starter switch mechanism but it has made no difference. If I take the electrical bit out and start it with a screwdriver it starts no problem. It appears that the key does not turn enough to engage the starter. Has anyone else come across this? I can't see anyway to take the tumbler and whole mechanism apart, so am I screwed??? do I have to buy the whole switch/lock/tumbler mechanism or am I barking up the worng tree (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
moggy   Ignition key not turning enough to engage the starter   Jul 12 2006, 11:49 AM
ptravnic   Look up the tech article on the pelicanparts.com s...   Jul 12 2006, 12:01 PM
moggy  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 11:55 PM