Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hood hold down pins like on the race cars, Where, how, etc?
Dr Evil
post Aug 20 2006, 03:17 PM
Post #1

Send me your transmission!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I have no locking mechanism for my engine lid and have seen (I am pretty sure I have seen this) in the past where people have use lock down pins to hold them down.

Mostly I see the pins on racer cars and mustangs and such. They are the type with the pin that goes throught the stud that goes through the trunk/hood/or engine lid.

Anyone have anidea where to get, and how to install? Any alternitive ideas? Was my description clear as mud?

Back to hematology.........
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Dr Evil   Hood hold down pins like on the race cars   Aug 20 2006, 03:17 PM
So.Cal.914   If there was no place to mount the pin we would ad...   Aug 20 2006, 03:26 PM
URY914   Try a race car suppplier like Truesports, Pegasus,...   Aug 20 2006, 03:28 PM
jonwatts   I like the ones they used on the GT car engine lid...   Aug 20 2006, 03:31 PM
Jeroen   you're local race shop should have quite a cho...   Aug 20 2006, 03:36 PM
jonwatts  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 03:54 PM