Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Vacuum advance/retard dizzy..., I need to rebuild mine, wher to get parts?
Brando
post Sep 27 2006, 01:12 PM
Post #1

BUY MY SPARE KIDNEY!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,648
Region Association: Southern California

I'm having trouble locating a rebuild kit for my stock 1.8 distributor. I don't have the money to upgrade to an optical setup, and I have a .009 on the shelf that's rebuilt (don't know what springs to use though). I was thinking it might be a better idea to rebuild my stock 1.8 dizzy than use the 009. Although, with the 009 I can replace the springs with something else to get a better advance curve (maybe?). Any way I can change the total advance on it? Messing with the stop plate comes to mind, but I don't want to destroy a good distributor to experiment.

Any spring reccommendations? the Grey/grey springs used in the mallory units, or are those a different size/length?

As for the stock unit I have, the vacuum pots are fuch't... I think I can get 'em from Porsche, but I've yet to check.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Brando   Vacuum advance/retard dizzy...   Sep 27 2006, 01:12 PM
zen motorcycle   I don't know anything about what model the 1.8...   Sep 27 2006, 09:05 PM
Brando   :bump: Anyone know if I can re-curve this 009 with...   Oct 2 2006, 09:41 AM
Cap'n Krusty   I have ONE suitable NEW vacuum can left. I can al...   Oct 2 2006, 11:48 AM
zen motorcycle  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 03:38 AM