Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> That's it... I'm out for the FFC, Thanks for the TP's Britt... but it's not gonna help
tdgray
post Oct 10 2006, 05:27 PM
Post #1

Thank God Nemo is not here to see this

Group: Members
Member No.: 984
Region Association: None

Got the trigger points from Britt tonight when I came home from work.

Pulled the distributor. MAJOR problems. Dist is shit.

You name it, it has it. Excessive shaft play. Braided advance plate wire was ( yes I said was) barely hanging on. It broke at the slightest wiggle. Trigger points look questionable (Britt sent me two sets that look better). Advance pot loose as shit. You name it.

Sorry Guys... I am sooo bummed... beyond belief. I was looking forward to a couple of days away from work etc.

I'm just pissed right now that I did not pull this earlier and order one. I thought about it a few weeks ago when trying to diagnose the running rich condition but kept running in other directions.

I think I will go drown my sorrows now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
tdgray   That's it... I'm out for the FFC   Oct 10 2006, 05:27 PM
Headrage   I'm sure somebody could overnight a dizzy to y...   Oct 10 2006, 05:29 PM
Brad Roberts   Whoa.. you dont have a hair on your ass if you don...   Oct 10 2006, 05:38 PM
tdgray   I'm looking... only shop in town that *might* ...   Oct 10 2006, 05:46 PM
Brad Roberts   I'm sure I missed the other 300 posts about wh...   Oct 10 2006, 05:51 PM
tdgray   Well simply put fouling plugs to beyond belief con...   Oct 10 2006, 05:59 PM
robby750   Take a new dizzy if offered and try it. If it sti...   Oct 10 2006, 06:00 PM
Bartlett 914   Hi Todd 2.0 right? I have a spare I can LOAN you....   Oct 10 2006, 06:42 PM
dlo914  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 04:50 AM