Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> IF I DID IT!, Secret test track report!!
william harris
post Nov 18 2006, 11:02 AM
Post #1

914 Restorer

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,539

The following report is a purely theoretical discussion of the performance parameters of the Raby 2056. If the owner of a Raby 2056 2.0 litre motor, equipped with Raby's 9550 cam, Raby's cam gear, oil pump, etc., Hoffman machine shop SuperStock heads, flowing to the Chris Foley Evo headers (barely tame for the street) were to attempt to run the motor up to its 6,500 rpm red line, and lets say go onto Interstate 95 north of Boston early on a Saturday morning, in a remote locatation, say between Boxford and Topsfield and catch a 1 mile break between traffic flows, it might be possible to wind the motor up to around 6,100 rpms in 5th gear and see an indicated speed of over 130 mph before catching up to traffic in the high speed lane - rapidly moving out of the way with the approaching wail of the banchee exhaust and the small blue car overtaking with alarming speed. DAMN, I still haven't gotten to see (whoops - IF I DID IT) the 6,500 rpm red line. New Kuhmos meant rock steady handling even at indicated 130+ . Now this is just a theoretical discussion, YMMV. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Factoring in difference in tire size (adjust indicated speed down about 10 to 12 percent for 50 series sidewall - smaller diameter) I think we might have a legitimate 125 mph top end and this little beast pulls so strong from 4,000 to 6,000 the cam just explodes on the top end. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) THANKS RABY, AL & CHRIS. KILLER PACKAGE (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
william harris   IF I DID IT!   Nov 18 2006, 11:02 AM
Crazyhippy   Very nice.... I've seen the speedo needle on ...   Nov 18 2006, 11:21 AM
SGB  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 03:36 AM