Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Need source for slip joint exhaust parts
yarin
post Nov 23 2007, 10:09 PM
Post #1

'14-X'in FOOL

Group: Members
Member No.: 693
Region Association: North East States

I'm also looking for parts to repair the slip joints of my 4-2-1 header system I described in the other thread.

Based on the pics, it's obvious that at some point in time I had an exhaust leak (it's also obvious that I Was running rich....). I posted previously about an off throttle low rpm decel situation that leads to a huge BANG of a backfire. Could a leak this far down the system cause such a condition? I checked the stub pipes, and gaskets, everything seems tight.

What I really would like to do with help from my welding buddy is weld shut the existing collector pictured here, and cut/weld in a new slip joint pipe.

(IMG:http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2177/2058117731_d9b5d8ceff.jpg)

Leaks like this also lead me to believe my wideband O2 readings are skewed but to an exhaust leak upstream of the sensor. I want to patch all of that up and see what my AFR numbers look like.

Do I even want a slip joint coupler? Should I go with a flange type junction? Or just weld the damn thing shut?

Anyone know where I can get parts? Maybe a motorcycle header system, I believe some use slip joints.

Thanks

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 10:24 PM