Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Installed an electronic ignition..., Now I have a weird hesitation in first gear...
pete914
post Jan 26 2008, 11:29 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,025

UPDATE TO OLD THREAD:
Installed the ignition (pertronix...if you are thinking about doing this pull the dizzy out, I can't imagine doing it with it in the car) and timed it to the only timing mark on my 1.8
it's red...7.5 degrees BTDC????
anyway, timed it at 3500 rpm with the vacuum hose disconnected
In general, the engine runs quiter, hums along at highway speeds, the valves seem quiter, and it idles better as well.

However, in first gear it lags until the rpm's get up to 3000...definitive hesitation. It's cured by letting the clutch slip a little longer and really gassing it (clutch is on it's way out anyway).
Any ideas as to why?
thanks guys!

Hey,
I plan on putting the engine position into TDC, removing the dizzy switching out the points for a pertronix system and then replace it in the same position. I'll then use a timing light to re-time the engine (removing the vacuum hose). Will this be sufficient? I don't understand how to adjust the dwell nor do i have a gauge to do so.
Can anyone enlighten me on the subject of dwell and how it might be affected by doing the above procedure?
Thanks in advance.
Pete
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 09:04 PM