Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The skyrat board is cracking down, check it out
Aaron Cox
post Feb 20 2004, 06:18 PM
Post #1

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

READ ME - Guidelines for Posting in This Forum...
I have created this forum as an area where our customers can buy, sell and trade used parts. As such, there are a couple of guidelines that you must follow if you consent to use this board:

Listing Guidelines:

- No commercial postings allowed, unless you specifically clear it with me first.

- No new parts allowed, unless you specifically clear it with me first. Exceptions are if you have one or two small trinkets left over in a box from a long time ago. Selling more than quantity one of a new item is prohibited.

- No rebuilt parts allowed, if they compete with items sold by Pelican.

- No illegal items allowed (items that are counterfeit, or are illegally copies such as PET).

- Listing and placing links to items on eBay *is* allowed, providing that you specifically list a description of the item, and then give a link. No blind links.

- You may *bump* your ad, but no more than once every three (3) days. Ads that have been bumped more than five (5) times may be deleted.

- The more text and photos you add, the more likely you are to sell. Add as many photos and as much text description as you need to adequately describe the parts.

- Try to avoid using capital letters and explanation marks in the listing titles - these only serve to irritate people and thus they may skip over your listing.

- Turn on "Email Notification" for your ads so that you know when someone has posted a comment or question in the ad.

- PayPal (www.paypal.com) is a very useful form of payment that is very popular with eBay auctions. People who accept PayPal typically get paid faster and have increased interest in their listings.

Buyer's Guidelines:

- It is appropriate to respond to an ad by either emailing or sending the seller a Personal Message (PM) through the board. Try to avoid replying directly to the post, except when you have specific questions that may help others looking at the ad. More often than not, PMs and emails reach the seller quicker than do responses to the post.

- Be polite, and don't trash someone else's listing. It's not polite to point out that the person is selling this part when there is one cheaper on eBay. However, if there are visible errors in the listing, it is then appropriate to follow up with comments.

- Check out the seller before sending your $$$. Get full information, including multiple phone numbers, addresses. Do a search on Pelican to see if this person has a lengthy posting history and/or has sold items here before. Bad news travels fast, so double-check the archives, particularly on purchases that are high dollar.

- Use the search engine, but make sure that you check the date on the ad if you reply. If an ad is from 2001 and you reply to it, it will appear like the ad is recent.

- Use the search engine to compare pricing and availability of an item. None of the previous ads are deleted, so you have access to a vast group of listings that you can use to track pricing trends, and availability.

Disclaimer:

Pelican Parts Incorporated provides this free classifieds listing service as a courtesy to our customers. By no means are the listings here condoned, reviewed, or edited by Pelican staff. Caveat emptor - buyer beware. We will not actively assist in mediating any complaints with respect to any trasactions resulting from the placement of a classified ad.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Aaron Cox   The skyrat board is cracking down   Feb 20 2004, 06:18 PM
DuckRyder   Seems reasonable enough.   Feb 20 2004, 06:24 PM
!   Well, he didn't specifically ban counterfeit s...   Feb 20 2004, 06:24 PM
TimT   Dunno... Im kinda down on Pelican right now.. I th...   Feb 20 2004, 06:50 PM
James Adams   I have not been over there much for a while, but w...   Feb 20 2004, 07:01 PM
!   His beach, his waves, his rules.....   Feb 20 2004, 07:10 PM
seanery   Lots of beaches in the world!   Feb 20 2004, 07:16 PM
Dave_Darling     Feb 20 2004, 07:21 PM
jkeyzer   Does that mean you can't buy something from Pe...   Feb 20 2004, 07:24 PM
DuckRyder   While we are at it, anyone else find jason borderl...   Feb 20 2004, 07:26 PM
seanery   Paragon, HPH, GPR...there are more   Feb 20 2004, 07:33 PM
TimT   Dave. So the "Brand new in box" t/o bearing I j...   Feb 20 2004, 07:37 PM
steve@ottosvenice.com   I can supply your Porsche parts,at a lower price t...   Feb 20 2004, 08:30 PM
TimT   LOL...ok   Feb 20 2004, 08:33 PM
seanery   Steve, I sent you a pm yesterday and haven't ...   Feb 20 2004, 08:36 PM
steve@ottosvenice.com   You need to e-mail or call, I missed your pm messa...   Feb 20 2004, 08:43 PM
campbellcj   I must say that, despite what I know some of you g...   Feb 21 2004, 12:14 AM
jonwatts   :agree: fully This goes towards supporting your l...   Feb 21 2004, 12:25 AM
campbellcj   I am a big proponent of supporting small niche bus...   Feb 21 2004, 12:32 AM
Dave_Darling     Feb 21 2004, 01:46 AM
rhodyguy   nothing used to piss me off more than having an ad...   Feb 21 2004, 09:25 AM
!   Nah...the worst is ads from dickheads like Lone Wo...   Feb 21 2004, 09:47 AM
morphenspectra   Rules sound fair to me, I wouldn't like it if ...   Feb 21 2004, 12:49 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 04:04 AM