Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Too Stiff For Auto-X, bouncy but fun!
nine14cats
post Mar 9 2004, 10:05 AM
Post #1

Bill Pickering -- 914-6 GT aka....Leeloo

Group: Members
Member No.: 287
Region Association: None

Ran the first auto-x of the season on Saturday. I didn't have time to change the suspension from my track setup to auto-x setup so I just ran her like she was. Whoa....lotsa fun! I was bouncing all over the parking lot like a ping pong ball....It was actually alot of fun but not the fastest way around the course at Candlestick Park.

I had 450lbs springs in the rear....just a tad to stiff (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I'm at Buttonwillow this coming weekend for a Time Trial, but when I get back I have to get ready for another auto-x and this time she's going to get the 250lbsers I used last year. Much easier to turn the car when it isn't airborne.....

It's really amazing how the setups and the different venues make a car have multiple personalities. At Laguna Seca and Sears Point, the stiffer springs and rear wing make the car very easy to drive fast, stable and predictable. Turn in is awesome and overall the car inspires confidence. Go lower speed with uneven pavement and the car is a handful to drive.

As alot of people have said over and over....setup....setup....setup.....

Hey...If I didn't have to work to support my racing habit, I'd be able to setup the car in time! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Just thought I'd share my observations.

Bill P.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 08:17 PM