Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Should I be DISAPPOINTED, I put a fair amount of time and phone calls into this GROUP BUY
rick 918-S
post Dec 9 2009, 07:23 PM
Post #21

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Group: Members
Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE(SGB @ Dec 9 2009, 03:31 PM) *

I like paypal b/c the wife keeps the checkbook...

They may not be weasels- I know Rick isn't (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) but there will always be 30% failure. I wish it had worked better for ya, and probably will come together eventually. I hoped it worked so that then you might do one for the blue/black/white/gray pattern I have...

Thanks buddy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) but I really blew it here. I don't do checks well.. I have to ask the wife for a check. She just paid a bunch of tuition for two kids and a masters program. when she does that it get the look. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) you guys who are married know what I mean by the look. So, just said more than I wanted to here. Now you all know I'm a wuss. Yes dear...I'll go back to my office and make more money for you..

Are you still collecting money? or are you done with the whole idea? Cuss I can still get the check. Pay pal is better, just collect add the fees.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
steveherman
post Dec 9 2009, 07:28 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 10,799
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 9 2009, 08:23 PM) *

QUOTE(SGB @ Dec 9 2009, 03:31 PM) *

I like paypal b/c the wife keeps the checkbook...

They may not be weasels- I know Rick isn't (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) but there will always be 30% failure. I wish it had worked better for ya, and probably will come together eventually. I hoped it worked so that then you might do one for the blue/black/white/gray pattern I have...

Thanks buddy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) but I really blew it here. I don't do checks well.. I have to ask the wife for a check. She just paid a bunch of tuition for two kids and a masters program. when she does that it get the look. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) you guys who are married know what I mean by the look. So, just said more than I wanted to here. Now you all know I'm a wuss. Yes dear...I'll go back to my office and make more money for you..

Are you still collecting money? or are you done with the whole idea? Cuss I can still get the check. Pay pal is better, just collect add the fees.

no need
there is not enuff people to get a discount.
+Quote Post
ME733
post Dec 9 2009, 09:54 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 9,209

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) ...I did NOT PLACE AN ORDER in the group buy ....and this is because, the manufacturer will cut and provide the correct dimensions to ensure the length and width will work/fit the 914 seats.......and when I went on the hunt for proper material, reproduction, of o.e.m about a year ago ...I discovered AUTOMOBLE ATLANTA had already put in a major order and the mfg. was wating for more orders, and or timing as their looms have to be specially set up for the runs.... this group buy deal was going to save the group 20%?...with all the uncertaines, extra shipping and NOT being able to have the mfg. responsible ultimately if their was a problem just made no sense to me. I guess another factor is that we support a business ..A A who was the Ineatiator of the remake of 914 seat upolstry colors in the first place. saving a miserable 20%, and be in leftout field if there,s a problem is just stupid . I suggest we try and support those specialty business which supply and support our cars that are now 38 years old +/_. a small amount of loyalty to the businesses that we need seems appropiate..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
type11969
post Dec 9 2009, 10:13 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 1,410
Region Association: North East States

What is up with the popcorn eating smileys and all the ellipses?

Oh and the my shit don't stink attitude?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) If you don't have something nice to say . . . (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

Sorry that group buy didn't work out, that sucks!

-Chris
+Quote Post
steveherman
post Dec 9 2009, 10:33 PM
Post #25

QUOTE(ME733 @ Dec 9 2009, 10:54 PM) *

:A A who was the Ineatiator of the remake of 914 seat upolstry colors in the first place.

INCORRECT
+Quote Post
MoveQik
post Dec 9 2009, 10:34 PM
Post #26

What size wheels can I fit?

Member No.: 3,881
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(ME733 @ Dec 9 2009, 08:54 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) ...I did NOT PLACE AN ORDER in the group buy ....and this is because, the manufacturer will cut and provide the correct dimensions to ensure the length and width will work/fit the 914 seats.......and when I went on the hunt for proper material, reproduction, of o.e.m about a year ago ...I discovered AUTOMOBLE ATLANTA had already put in a major order and the mfg. was wating for more orders, and or timing as their looms have to be specially set up for the runs.... this group buy deal was going to save the group 20%?...with all the uncertaines, extra shipping and NOT being able to have the mfg. responsible ultimately if their was a problem just made no sense to me. I guess another factor is that we support a business ..A A who was the Ineatiator of the remake of 914 seat upolstry colors in the first place. saving a miserable 20%, and be in leftout field if there,s a problem is just stupid . I suggest we try and support those specialty business which supply and support our cars that are now 38 years old +/_. a small amount of loyalty to the businesses that we need seems appropiate..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

If you didn't place an order and had nothing to do with this, then why show up and slam someone that was trying to help everyone? Also, this may come as a surprise to you but a lot of us would rather go without before buying from AA.
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Dec 9 2009, 10:36 PM
Post #27

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696
Region Association: None

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Damn .... this thread went south fast.

And Wills is correct!
+Quote Post
ME733
post Dec 9 2009, 10:48 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 9,209

QUOTE(steveherman @ Dec 9 2009, 11:33 PM) *

:A A who was the Ineatiator of the remake of 914 seat upolstry colors in the first place.

INCORRECT

If the manufacturer can be believed ....I AM CORRECT ... and you are not.
+Quote Post
Scott S
post Dec 9 2009, 11:30 PM
Post #29

Small Member

Member No.: 633

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/yellowsleep[1].gif)
+Quote Post
steveherman
post Dec 9 2009, 11:45 PM
Post #30

QUOTE(ME733 @ Dec 9 2009, 11:48 PM) *

QUOTE(steveherman @ Dec 9 2009, 11:33 PM) *

INCORRECT

If the manufacturer can be believed ....I AM CORRECT ... and you are not.

you are incorrect.
maybe you should call them back, ask for Doug. have him tell you the whole story.
it was actually initiated by the owner of another 914 shop just down the road from the manufacturer.
this owner spent the better part of a day at the manufacturers place working out the details.
But it is ok that you are wrong cuz it makes no difference and has nothing to do with what i started this thread for.

but it did show what an a$$hole you are.
all good.
+Quote Post
swood
post Dec 9 2009, 11:52 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 251

where's the Douchebag smiley (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bs.gif)
+Quote Post
MoveQik
post Dec 10 2009, 12:15 AM
Post #32

What size wheels can I fit?

Member No.: 3,881

QUOTE(SLITS @ Dec 9 2009, 09:36 PM) *

And Wills is correct!

You had me at "hello" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)
+Quote Post
TravisNeff
post Dec 10 2009, 12:28 AM
Post #33

914 Guru

Member No.: 447

Handsome & Hostile strikes again.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
Gint
post Dec 10 2009, 08:03 AM
Post #34

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-179-1258083160.jpg)
+Quote Post
Ferg
post Dec 10 2009, 09:22 AM
Post #35

914 Guru

Member No.: 116

Just to sum up...

No group buy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
AA Status unchanged (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Wills is still Handsome (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Steve the OP sounds like a cool dude, gonna need him at a event soon (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Gint does not like Mushroom head people (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)

Carry on (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
steveherman
post Dec 10 2009, 09:40 AM
Post #36

QUOTE(Ferg @ Dec 10 2009, 10:22 AM) *

Just to sum up...
Steve the OP sounds like a cool dude, gonna need him at a event soon (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) and you are correct (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
charliew
post Dec 10 2009, 11:48 AM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,958

I'm sorry that there was such a waste of time and expenses. If I had wanted that material and knew it was going to be a savings and that the material would be the best available, writing a check would have been a pleasure because shopping from a computer is the easiest cheapest way I can get hard to find 914 parts. I like pp but some people don't and I can understand why as they have never really helped in my disputes, all the seller has to do is withdraw his funds after he gets them and the games over. I wasted 240.00 on a guy in canada on two 915 shifters and linkage parts. There is a chance customs screwed the deal up but still I never got the parts. Even when you get a refund pp gets some of that. So you still loose some money. Annnnnyway I buy from George because he tries to sell a good product but he really doesn't put the product in the box or try it out for fit before he sends it out and you really can't say any of the really big places use all of their products. I am definately glad he is in business as long as I'm in the 914 hobby. Even if he dissapoints me, the next time I need something, I will still see what he's got and how much it is and try to research it before I order it. I'm betting he is constantly trying to improve. Hell I've bought colt pistols only to find out the workmanship is better on a ruger vaquero so it's up to us to keep the vendors straight. Just like Judicial Watch tries to keep all politicians honest. You think venders are hard to keep straight? try keeping a lawyer straight.

Sorry for the rant.

Charlie
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Dec 10 2009, 12:53 PM
Post #38

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

saving a miserable 20%, and be in leftout field if there,s a problem is just stupid

"Spending 20-40% more to be in leftout field if there's a problem is even morer stupider..." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

BTDT and so have many others here who know "exactly" what I'm talking about.

Back on target - Yes. You should be disappointed. You put together an honest buy and got hosed for your hard work. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
charliew
post Dec 10 2009, 12:58 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,958

If it's not too late maybe you just need to advertise a little further out in the web. I know this is the most popular site. A thought just occured, I wonder if that is the same pattern used in the camaros?
+Quote Post
McMark
post Dec 10 2009, 01:08 PM
Post #40

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419

QUOTE(Ferg @ Dec 10 2009, 07:22 AM) *
Gint does not like Mushroom head people (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 09:00 AM