Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

29 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WCR2010 - Register Here!, See post 1
DblDog
post Dec 11 2009, 03:37 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,578
Region Association: Northern California

Hope to be there too with a 'revitalized' silver six...BTW...lake level at Tahoe is 6,260± above it sea level...REALLY chilly in the am!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Socalandy
post Dec 11 2009, 03:49 PM
Post #42

Its got to be Yellow!!!

Member No.: 10,742
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(MoveQik @ Dec 10 2009, 05:39 PM) *

Now I gotta figure out a way to attend this thing. Thanks guys! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Step 1, Load car on trailer
Step 2, Drive

I plan on going all the way up 395

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Dec 11 2009, 03:54 PM
Post #43

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I wonder if Scotty can finish my car by then? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) I woudl drive out with MattP (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
RoadGlue
post Dec 11 2009, 03:56 PM
Post #44

Sonoma County Gear Head

Group: Admin
Member No.: 108

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 11 2009, 12:30 PM) *

QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Dec 11 2009, 12:04 PM) *

If you don't care about Virginia City

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif) I don't ...

I don't do "touristy" stuff. I don't need a "shopping/walking around downtown/fancy lunch" destination for a drive.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) Andy

Okay, good to know. I'm the same way and I've been up there so many times that it's really not important to me either.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Todd Enlund
post Dec 11 2009, 04:05 PM
Post #45

Resident Photoshop Guru

Member No.: 8,032
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

It's on my calendar... I'll have to see how finances and school are going.
+Quote Post
craig downs
post Dec 11 2009, 07:18 PM
Post #46

Member No.: 5,189

This is great news I'll have to see if I can clear a spot in work to go. The only bummer is we will have to put up with Rob's daily bumps to this thread (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Dec 11 2009, 07:21 PM
Post #47

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380

QUOTE(craig downs @ Dec 11 2009, 05:18 PM) *

This is great news I'll have to see if I can clear a spot in work to go. The only bummer is we will have to put up with Rob's daily bumps to this thread (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Craig,
I probably will not be bumping it until March or so. I am a PCA region board member now and have plenty of other tasks so bumping will be minimal until then.
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Dec 12 2009, 12:34 PM
Post #48

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5
Region Association: None

I be in.............
+Quote Post
jimtab
post Dec 13 2009, 01:28 AM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Member No.: 91

Since I made the "short list" I have to say.....my eye is healed and my liver is fair.....I'll be ready..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) AND the good stuff......
+Quote Post
dgw
post Dec 20 2009, 12:15 AM
Post #50

Dennis Winter

Member No.: 106

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 11 2009, 12:23 PM) *

As for concerns about the weather: Living as close as I do to Tahoe and having it as my favorite destination I can tell you that there is always snow at the higher elevations. Trees tower hundreds of feet in the air and if the sun never shines there, the snow pack just melts so slowly it lingers for months. I have never seen snow up there past April and even then it is only flurries that melt within a short time.

Ah, well, I've seen it snow there in July, at lake level. that was in 1988 or 89 I think.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Dec 20 2009, 12:18 AM
Post #51

Apex killer!

QUOTE(dgw @ Dec 19 2009, 10:15 PM) *

As for concerns about the weather: Living as close as I do to Tahoe and having it as my favorite destination I can tell you that there is always snow at the higher elevations. Trees tower hundreds of feet in the air and if the sun never shines there, the snow pack just melts so slowly it lingers for months. I have never seen snow up there past April and even then it is only flurries that melt within a short time.

Ah, well, I've seen it snow there in July, at lake level. that was in 1988 or 89 I think.

Leave it someone named Winter to try and snow on our party (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
plas76targa
post Dec 20 2009, 06:53 AM
Post #52

Member No.: 1,700
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 11 2009, 02:54 PM) *

I wonder if Scotty can finish my car by then? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) I woudl drive out with MattP (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Katherine thought I was nuts when I mentioned the thought of driving out there and back. sorta like this (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) combined with this (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)
+Quote Post
DNHunt
post Dec 20 2009, 08:31 AM
Post #53

914 Wizard? No way. I got too much to learn.

Member No.: 598

Betsy and I are coming down. I already marked the time off. I have a too short list of projects this year. Change the oil, adjust the valves, clean the air filters and check the balance of the throttle bodies. I need a project.

Dave
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Dec 20 2009, 09:04 AM
Post #54

Apex killer!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

Be sure to mark your calendar for the WCR 2010 Lake Tahoe Middle of Thin Air Event! And someone go kick Dave's fender in so he has something to do (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
dgw
post Dec 22 2009, 10:33 PM
Post #55

Dennis Winter

Member No.: 106

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 19 2009, 10:18 PM) *

QUOTE(dgw @ Dec 19 2009, 10:15 PM) *

Leave it someone named Winter to try and snow on our party (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Sorry to snow on the party! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
I'd like to make this one, I made the Wramble in Reno in -- 2002? but have missed all the WCR's, even the one that was less than 15 miles from where I live. Job was a bitch the last few years, but I finally got tired of it and told them to FO. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) I should have time now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Dec 23 2009, 12:20 AM
Post #56

Apex killer!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

Party at the pond! Lots to do - gambling, fishing, driving, bullshitting in the parking lot, maybe an autocross if I can get it on the SVR-PCA Schedule, Oooogling the cars.

Who's going to be there? Z. lives about 20 miles away now days so that is a lock. Rand is just 10 miles further than Z.. The Southern California crowd has always represented... How about you???

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Shade Tree
post Dec 23 2009, 01:12 PM
Post #57

Member No.: 9,860
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

So I've decided to go to this thing.
I have two questions.
1. I haven't seen hotel rates yet and I'm guessing it's a little too soon for that. I'd like to get my reservations as early as possible. I noticed there was a hotel already chosen but I didn't see that there was a special rate or anything. Should I wait or make my reservation now?

2. I don't have a super nice 914 like most of you guys. It was a basket case when I bought it and I haven't had it a year yet so it's far from completion. I'll be in this ugly thing pictured below. It's looks may improve a bit by then but I doubt it. Count on the ugly ass skunk stripes to be off of the hood, though. So, will I be able to park it with the rest of your nice rides or will I be out on the street with the toyotas?

(IMG:http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r211/shootingcoons/CopyofSeptember2009036.jpg)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Dec 23 2009, 02:18 PM
Post #58

Apex killer!

All the rates at Tahoe are pretty 'special' right now... I wouldn't worry about it. Occupancy is down, resorts are closing, the recovery hasn't gotten there just yet.

The weekend may change too...

I have seen much uglier cars front and center. We love them all...

QUOTE(Shade Tree @ Dec 23 2009, 11:12 AM) *

So I've decided to go to this thing.
I have two questions.
1. I haven't seen hotel rates yet and I'm guessing it's a little too soon for that. I'd like to get my reservations as early as possible. I noticed there was a hotel already chosen but I didn't see that there was a special rate or anything. Should I wait or make my reservation now?

2. I don't have a super nice 914 like most of you guys. It was a basket case when I bought it and I haven't had it a year yet so it's far from completion. I'll be in this ugly thing pictured below. It's looks may improve a bit by then but I doubt it. Count on the ugly ass skunk stripes to be off of the hood, though. So, will I be able to park it with the rest of your nice rides or will I be out on the street with the toyotas?

(IMG:http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r211/shootingcoons/CopyofSeptember2009036.jpg)

+Quote Post
Justinp71
post Dec 23 2009, 03:00 PM
Post #59

Member No.: 2,922
Region Association: None

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 11 2009, 12:30 PM) *

QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Dec 11 2009, 12:04 PM) *

If you don't care about Virginia City

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif) I don't ...

I don't do "touristy" stuff. I don't need a "shopping/walking around downtown/fancy lunch" destination for a drive.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) Andy

You may not care about virginia city, but you take a super curvy road to get up there. I care about that... but I think thats an hour drive or so from the lake.
+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post Dec 23 2009, 05:14 PM
Post #60

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643

I'm coming. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Would like more info on the Hotel (name, address, phone ); also, may have to fly up. How far is the Hotel from the Tahoe-Reno Airport ?
Is the date set or not ?
+Quote Post

29 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 07:32 PM