Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

29 Pages V « < 26 27 28 29 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WCR2010 - Register Here!, See post 1
GTeener
post May 11 2010, 05:05 PM
Post #541

914 Girl

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,249
Region Association: Northern California

I can't come but this is the best traffic resource for driving to Tahoe http://video.dot.ca.gov
I use it when preparing to go up on ski trips (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)
Roads look clear in Truckee (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post May 11 2010, 07:39 PM
Post #542

914 Guru

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 7,407
Region Association: None

QUOTE(GTeener @ May 11 2010, 04:05 PM) *

I can't come but this is the best traffic resource for driving to Tahoe http://video.dot.ca.gov
I use it when preparing to go up on ski trips (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)
Roads look clear in Truckee (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Pretty cool. Check out Paso Robles 101 and 46 East. It's about 2 minutes from my house.
+Quote Post
biosurfer1
post May 11 2010, 07:50 PM
Post #543

Teener fo Life!

Member No.: 977

Check out http://video.dot.ca.gov/asx/d3-ski-run-50.asx ..its right down the street from where we will be. Looking good!
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post May 11 2010, 09:19 PM
Post #544

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380

Totally ready! This morning I made one good distributor out of two bad ones stuck it in and tuned it by ear... Got it very close and drove the 80 miles to McMark's shop. Randy and Mark were chillin' and we finished making up the awards, and tuned my car to within an inch of perfect. On the drive home she had a CHT 50 degrees cooler than any I have previously noted. The engine had more power and wanted to go like the wind!

I hope Jim and Mary drive it up with the group drive because it would be a shame to waste the trip up on a trailer!

Oh, and Randy took a very cool pic of my car WITHOUT GARBAGE CANS in the background!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
jimtab
post May 11 2010, 09:57 PM
Post #545

Advanced Member

Member No.: 91

A word of warning for flatlanders who aren't used to the white stuff, there is the "black" stuff.....beware of black ice, especially on overpasses and bridges and in the shade in early morning.....bad stuff, it's a surprise skid pad....you'll like it until it hits something. See you there, I'm driving up at 0:30 to pick up Shea...I'll be watching for the black stuff for sure. See everyone there, prepare to get your "Scotch" on..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolling.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)
+Quote Post
Justinp71
post May 11 2010, 11:10 PM
Post #546

Member No.: 2,922

Ok looks like all the cool people are going up Thursday... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I plan to be at highway 50 and hazel exit around 4-5pm on Friday, does anyone want to meet there and caravan up?
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post May 12 2010, 12:54 AM
Post #547

Apex killer!

QUOTE(Justinp71 @ May 11 2010, 09:10 PM) *

Ok looks like all the cool people are going up Thursday... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I plan to be at highway 50 and hazel exit around 4-5pm on Friday, does anyone want to meet there and caravan up?

Yes... The t-shirt chick. They will not be ready till Friday and I need someone to bring them up. She's hot. She's blond. And if you can talk her into it, you can bring the t-shirts and her (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post May 12 2010, 08:12 AM
Post #548

Apex killer!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

1 day and then wake up and go!!! WCR2010 Teeners at Tahoe starts tomorrow!!!

Why am I still reminding you? We have gotten registrations yesterday! People are still signing up. We have over 80 people signed up for this event. This is going to be a blast!!! See you tomorrow at WCR2010 Teeners at Tahoe.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post May 12 2010, 09:40 AM
Post #549

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Old picture... get on the ball Sime! Do you need a card for the keg?
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post May 12 2010, 12:18 PM
Post #550

Apex killer!

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 12 2010, 07:40 AM) *

Old picture... get on the ball Sime! Do you need a card for the keg?

I am just giving the reading impaired something to look at so they can turn and say "hey, what is everyone excited about?" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

What kind of a card? You mean some kind of drivers license? Yes... They card everyone in California... Not so much Nevada. If you mean for the deposit yes. A credit card will hold it.
+Quote Post
ChrisFoley
post May 12 2010, 02:07 PM
Post #551

I am Tangerine Racing

Member No.: 209

QUOTE(strawman @ Mar 19 2010, 06:09 PM) *

We lived on the north shore of Lake Tahoe (Tahoe City) from 2000-04, so we know the Tahoe Basin pretty well. I'm sure Nancy would like to participate in at least one day hike, and there's a great rock-n-dirt one off Highway 89 / Luther Pass toward Markleeville. We could easily spend 2-4 hours on that hike, depending on how far you wanna go. Another sweet (granite) hike is the Eagle/Velma Lakes trail near Emerald Bay; since it is a west-shore location, it will probably have more snow than Luther Pass. Both of these locations are a ~30 minute drive from Harvey's, and either will provide sweeping views of Lake Tahoe. Let me know if you're interested.

Geoff

Mary and I are bringing hiking boots, so if you want some company on a short trip up the mountainside we are up for it. 2-4 hours sounds just about right!
We are staying at the Montbleu and will be arriving late Thursday evening for registration.

Hopefully there will still be a little beer in the keg. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)
Our plane leaves in 3 hours, landing at SFO after midnight.
A number of activities planned in the south bay area before heading to the mountains.
+Quote Post
Rand
post May 12 2010, 02:33 PM
Post #552

Cross Member

Member No.: 3,573

...day hike, and there's a great rock-n-dirt one off Highway 89 / Luther Pass toward Markleeville. We could easily spend 2-4 hours on that hike, depending on how far you wanna go.

Funny, we just hiked above Markleeville last weekend. From Grover Hot Springs National Park, to some awesome waterfalls. (Don't have the better pics with me... These don't do the falls justice. There were several more sections to them.) Highly recommend this hike.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
mightyohm
post May 12 2010, 03:03 PM
Post #553

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 162
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

That's funny, I was just in Markleeville 2 weeks ago for another car event. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post May 12 2010, 07:51 PM
Post #554

Apex killer!

Shush! It's probably a big secret but I will let you guys in on it. Eric Shea is celebrating his birthday with us up at WCR2010 Teeners at Tahoe.

I can't wait!!!!
+Quote Post
gopack
post May 12 2010, 08:10 PM
Post #555

CHEESEHEAD in CA, MARK

Member No.: 2,472

Well I finally figured out my plans. and since i am bringing the t-shirts, you all will be glad to see me! See you Saturdy! don't leave for eht drive without my ass in somones seat!!!!!
+Quote Post
Mike Bellis
post May 12 2010, 08:32 PM
Post #556

Resident Electrician

Member No.: 10,496

QUOTE(gopack @ May 12 2010, 07:10 PM) *

Well I finally figured out my plans. and since i am bringing the t-shirts, you all will be glad to see me! See you Saturdy! don't leave for eht drive without my ass in somones seat!!!!!

What time was that drive??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pain30.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/givemebeer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/party.gif)
+Quote Post
roadster fan
post May 12 2010, 10:58 PM
Post #557

Project Frankenstein !!!!!!!!

Member No.: 5,184

QUOTE(Justinp71 @ May 11 2010, 09:10 PM) *

Well, I am not gonna be bringing the 914 now and wont be able to be leave until Friday at about 1:00pm so will be going thru your neck of the woods about then. I would be happy to meet up with ya even tho I will be in the wagon with the family. send me a PM and I will shoot ya my cell number.

On another note.....

I NEED A SEAT IN A 914 for the drive on Saturday. Hope someone has a spot for me, hate to have to follow in the Mazda.....boring. Please someone help.
+Quote Post
PRS914-6
post May 12 2010, 11:05 PM
Post #558

Excellence Magazine Project 914 3.6

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 6,031

CRAPS.... who's going to play Friday night? I love the game and willing to teach those who are interested on Friday afternoon. I can bring a roll out Craps board with me if people want to know how to play the game....A tech session?
+Quote Post
Rand
post May 12 2010, 11:44 PM
Post #559

Cross Member

Member No.: 3,573

Will the craps be looser if I bring a stool softener? Oy, it's the day before and I'm already unable to withhold. Oh wait. Good thing I'm regular.

Sorry Paul. Actually, I would be interested in learning.

TOMORROW!! It's only a day away.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post May 13 2010, 12:42 AM
Post #560

Apex killer!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

This is the last official WCR2010 Teeners at Tahoe Cheerleader message! From here on in, you will have to watch the live update thread.

Nothin' left to it but to get up and do it!!! See you tomorrow at the official - unofficial start of WCR2010 Teeners at Tahoe! YEEHAA!!!!

Watch for live updates from along the way and from the event! Wish you were here? We know you do!!!

Alright! Go ahead Audrina! Drop the flag and let's get this party started!!!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

29 Pages V « < 26 27 28 29 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 06:03 PM