Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Car of the Month Contest, Where your Vote really counts
COTM
Car of the Month for Jan/Feb 2011
thomasotten [ 35 ] ** [15.77%]
RacerChris [ 53 ] ** [23.87%]
Computers4Kids [ 31 ] ** [13.96%]
ScooterD [ 94 ] ** [42.34%]
7275914911 [ 9 ] ** [4.05%]
Total Votes: 222

KELTY360
post Dec 16 2010, 04:59 PM
Post #41

914 Neferati

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,344
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Dec 16 2010, 08:06 AM) *

Along the way to 3 regional championships and 3 national race wins I've learned a lot about building race cars and race engines.
A good part of the learning was painful. Here's a sampling of damage I've incurred over the years, some of it all my own doing and some of it I had "help".

Keeping the oil inside the engine is always better:

A broken valve spring quickly leads to catastrophic failure:

There isn't room for 3 cars all trying to enter a turn at once:

The crash that caused this damage came one week after my first National Runoffs.
I went off track at 100mph trying to avoid a boneheaded Minicooper driver who was only going about 70mph and cut in front of me.

Same crash:

Same crash:

Same crash. This led me to develop my raised rear pickup kit.

This damage occurred during 2005 Runoffs Qualifying as I was passing a Miata driver who thought he was the only one on track:

I had a lot of help repairing the car and was able to start the race, only to be hit from behind in the second turn. I retired without completing a lap. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

This is the result of my most recent crash in 2009, when a parked Austin Healey ran into the side of my car. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

I mean, I lost control of my car on wet grass during an off-track excursion and slid into a broken race car that had been parked in a "safe" location. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

I guess cars are like electrical wires......they don't work so well when you let the smoke out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Great history Chris. You're growing the legend of the 914 every day. Thanks for all you do for our community of funny little cars.

Once again we have an amazing selection of cars to vote on. Each are winners in their own right. It's never an easy decision to vote for COTM.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Dec 16 2010, 05:17 PM
Post #42

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Dec 16 2010, 02:53 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 16 2010, 01:35 PM) *

QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Dec 16 2010, 01:27 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 15 2010, 05:41 AM) *

QUOTE(abayer1969 @ Dec 15 2010, 02:25 AM) *

QUOTE(arkitect @ Dec 14 2010, 11:24 PM) *

Great looking cars and alot of work in them all. Don't know exactly how this works but seems like there should be separate categories 1. Stock 2. Modified 3. AX

Dave

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) It should also include actual real time forum membership. What have they done to help others on the forum? COTM IMHO should not just be about who has the nicest looking car or that is "immaculate" it should be about the people and how they contribute to the members. COTM should be about the car and the people not just the car. And that's my $.02

This is not a discussion forum. This is for COTM. Here's the rules.

Contest Rules

1. For the purpose of this contest, a "914" is defined as a car that started life and still retains the general shape and characteristics of a 914. (see previous postings for details)
2. Also, to be eligible for nomination, the car must be owned by an 914World Member. Because we want to preserve these pictures in the thread, please post the pictures here or link to an existing 914world thread/blog image. Do not link to pictures on external sites or photo hosting services.
3. The Admin team will open a separate thread for nominations before the beginning of the month. All COTM nominations must be "seconded" by another member. Once five COTM nominations that are seconded, nominations will be closed.
4. Any active (defined as at least 5 posts in the last month) 914World member may nominate any active member. The nomination must include the member's Board name and a picture of the car or a link to their 914World blog.
5. No self-nominations, please.
6. We will open a thread for to vote for COTM. Voting will last 10 calendar days! The car with the greatest number of votes wins COTM!
7. Once a car wins Car of the Month, that car is not eligible to win again until the next calendar year.
8. A member fortunate enough to have two or more stunning cars may win multiple times a year -it's really the car that wins COTM, not the member..[b]
9. These rules will be upheld at the discretion of the admin team. If you have a concern about a possible infraction, PM TC, [b]don't post publicly.

10. Phoenix 914-6gt will always finsh 2nd .

Peace (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

I have to agree... While Jon Bovey has nice cars, if you are going to have Tierra as a wife (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) and those great kids, you cannot be allowed to win contests too. You can have one or the other but not both. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) Some guys get all the luck. Next go-round I think I'll nominate the new owner of his old gt just to see how it does.

Wish I knew who it was (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) Last I knew it sold again and now I'm waiting for it to surface. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
Michael N
post Dec 16 2010, 10:34 PM
Post #43

Certifiable

Member No.: 2,164
Region Association: Northern California

Computers4kids putting down some V8 powered rubber on the Streets of Willows at WCR 2009.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
sean_v8_914
post Dec 17 2010, 09:44 AM
Post #44

Chingon 601

Member No.: 3,541

Chris Foley is my hero! I love watching the evolution of this car. You have inspired patr of the evolution of the 10jreen (same color!)
Mark's V8 is a close second only because Chris' tangerine dream is a giant slayer like the 10jreen.
V8s are near and dear to my heart (sean v8 914) but racing is really where i get happy
not a big fan of 5 lug four bangers
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Dec 17 2010, 11:26 AM
Post #45

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Dec 17 2010, 07:44 AM) *

Chris Foley is my hero! I love watching the evolution of this car. You have inspired patr of the evolution of the 10jreen (same color!)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) Its impressive and inspirational to see what Chris has done with his racer....

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) what's wrong with /4s?
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Dec 17 2010, 05:40 PM
Post #46

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884

QUOTE(RobW @ Dec 17 2010, 09:26 AM) *

QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Dec 17 2010, 07:44 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) Its impressive and inspirational to see what Chris has done with his racer....

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) what's wrong with /4s?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

I HAD to vote for Chris because he is doing what I dream of doing with a 914. I love these little cars and he is a great example of what can be done if you stick with it.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Dec 18 2010, 11:36 AM
Post #47

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

While ScooterD seems to be running away with it, I have to say that I have seen Computers4Kids car in person and followed the paint restoration on ThomasOttens car with great interest. These are both incredibly nice cars. Chris is up against the cultural mindset that this is for nice cars and doing quite well... This is one of the best fields of COTM candidates I can remember!
+Quote Post
Lou W
post Dec 18 2010, 12:36 PM
Post #48

"Here Kitty Kitty" my ass......

Member No.: 2,039
Region Association: Spain

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 18 2010, 11:36 AM) *

While ScooterD seems to be running away with it, I have to say that I have seen Computers4Kids car in person and followed the paint restoration on ThomasOttens car with great interest. These are both incredibly nice cars. Chris is up against the cultural mindset that this is for nice cars and doing quite well... This is one of the best fields of COTM candidates I can remember!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) Pretty tough decision, they all are so nice. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Rleog
post Dec 19 2010, 02:28 PM
Post #49

Member No.: 1,239
Region Association: North East States

I have to go with the guy who's livin' the dream; one of the foremost developers of the 914 craft, and a guy who's still proving its worth on the track.

Best of luck, Chris.
+Quote Post
carr914
post Dec 20 2010, 12:02 PM
Post #50

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

Just a couple of days left to Vote
+Quote Post
carr914
post Dec 21 2010, 07:12 AM
Post #51

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Contest ends on Christmas Eve (IMG:style_emoticons/default/santa_smiley.gif)
+Quote Post
pktzygt
post Dec 21 2010, 07:25 PM
Post #52

Member No.: 7,611
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Had to put my vote in for Computers4kids since I've bead his build threads multiple times and he even shared with me how he built his grille.
+Quote Post
carr914
post Dec 23 2010, 09:35 AM
Post #53

Racer from Birth

1 More Shopping, I mean Voting Day left

T.C.
+Quote Post
carr914
post Dec 24 2010, 07:11 AM
Post #54

Racer from Birth

Just a few hours left to Vote (IMG:style_emoticons/default/santa_smiley.gif)
+Quote Post
carr914
post Dec 24 2010, 11:22 PM
Post #55

Racer from Birth

The Contest is now over and our Winner is

ScooterD

Attached Image

We had 220 Members vote and ScooterD got 42% of the them. Congrats to our of contestants. Thanks to everyone on the World and Merry Christmas (IMG:style_emoticons/default/santa_smiley.gif)

+Quote Post
post Dec 25 2010, 10:06 AM
Post #56

Hummmm!!!

Member No.: 9,028

QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 25 2010, 12:22 AM) *

Attached Image

Let me be one of the first to say...
Congrats (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)

Merry Christmas to All......... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/santa_smiley.gif)

+Quote Post
carr914
post Dec 25 2010, 10:36 AM
Post #57

Racer from Birth

People, The Contest is over, Quit Voting and put down the spiked Eggnog

+Quote Post
ChrisFoley
post Dec 25 2010, 10:06 PM
Post #58

I am Tangerine Racing

Member No.: 209
Region Association: None

Congratulations to ScooterD!
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 08:55 PM