Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I need some used wheels, Cheap! Help!, anything will do.
steeks
post Jan 4 2011, 02:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,310
Region Association: None

Ok, here is my sob story... I was out in the old 914 doing a shake down run trying to locate the elusive noise from the back of my car, when all of the sudden... out of nowhere, a huge patch of ice right in the apex of a turn! Even my years of experience in amateur auto racing could not stop the car from sliding into a curb and in turn bending the s@#t out if my back wheel. Upon further investigation, 2 of my other wheels have a little movement in them as well. So, being unemployed at the moment and full of piss and vinegar, I'm searching for a set of wheels. Not looking for anything fancy, But this car is my daily driver and I need transportation. That being said, if anyone has a set of wheels that will fit a 4 lug 914, and would be willing to part with them cheap, Please let me know. Not looking for anything fancy, just need something reasonably straight. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif) ( right now, I'm the sheep!)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Jan 4 2011, 02:56 PM
Post #2

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Hate to add salt to the wound but... be prepared to get a rear trailing arm as well.

No 4-lug wheels here but I'll give you a good (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)
+Quote Post
GeorgeRud
post Jan 4 2011, 03:11 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,482
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Did you check the local wrecking yards? The four lug pattern was also used on VWs, and you may be able to find some steel ones for not much money. I do seem to remember a few 914s at a wrecking yard near the Phoenix airport, but that was almost a year ago.

Hopefully, some members of the list may have some extra steel ones that they will donate to the cause!

Unfortunately, the trailing arm may be an issue, but it's better to bend an easily replaceable piece than tear out the mounts on the body. Sometimes those engineers do things for a purpose, and anticipated failure modes are not always a bad thing.
+Quote Post
MoveQik
post Jan 4 2011, 03:13 PM
Post #4

What size wheels can I fit?

Member No.: 3,881
Region Association: Southwest Region

20th Street Auto has plenty of wheels but his pricing is all over the map. Some days he is a steal, other days a rip. Worth a try.

I would even give Jack Doverspike at Stuttgart Southwest a call. He might have some laying around that he would be willing to sell. I've bought a couple of center caps and a few other random parts from him in the past.
+Quote Post
d914
post Jan 4 2011, 03:17 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 904
Region Association: South East States

no help here but check the front bearings also,, maybe need tightening.. That was always a biggie at track days and autocross for the porsches..That might solve the front wheel issues,,,, hopa hopa!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
PBC914
post Jan 4 2011, 03:45 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 12,545

QUOTE(d914 @ Jan 4 2011, 03:17 PM) *

no help here but check the front bearings also,, maybe need tightening.. That was always a biggie at track days and autocross for the porsches..That might solve the front wheel issues,,,, hopa hopa!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

If you pay for shipping I have 2 steel sport wheels that are 4 lug, and 2 wheels that are on the rear that are a combination of steel rim and gold center. They're free if you want them.
Paul
+Quote Post
steeks
post Jan 4 2011, 04:10 PM
Post #7

Thanks Paul, PM sent.
+Quote Post
Al Meredith
post Jan 4 2011, 05:05 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 3,061

I have four 4 lug 15" "trash can lids" with the star pattern. Here is the problem, they are 4.5" wide. All the 914s that had that wheel had 5.5". I think they came from a VW. Anyone want them? $100 Eventually I'll put them on "thesamba".

Al
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
racerbvd
post Jan 4 2011, 06:46 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 226

QUOTE(PBC914 @ Jan 4 2011, 01:45 PM) *

If you pay for shipping I have 2 steel sport wheels that are 4 lug, and 2 wheels that are on the rear that are a combination of steel rim and gold center. They're free if you want them.
Paul

Post pix incase someone has 3 that match your 2..
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Jan 4 2011, 08:15 PM
Post #10

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(racerbvd @ Jan 4 2011, 04:46 PM) *

QUOTE(PBC914 @ Jan 4 2011, 01:45 PM) *

Paul

Post pix incase someone has 3 that match your 2..

I've got some Rivs for a 4 lug set up......
+Quote Post
steeks
post Jan 4 2011, 08:42 PM
Post #11

Wow, you guys are great! I haven't heard anything definative from anyone yet, But just the fact that some people are putting forth an effort kinda makes me feel all warm and fuzzy all over. I was raised to always lend a hand to people in need regardless of their situation, It is nice to see that those simple values are still alive today. Regardless of whether I find some wheels for my car or not, There are some good down to earth people on this website, and your efforts are truly appreciated and will be remembered.
+Quote Post
kfish914
post Jan 5 2011, 01:14 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 9,026

I still have my original spare steel wheel you can have. I just gave away the other four this last summer to get them out of the garage. (went to five lug). I can check with the guy I gave them to to see if he still has them if you don't find any closer. I am just about to go back to work next week after 15 months off, so I understand.
+Quote Post
steeks
post Jan 5 2011, 02:03 PM
Post #13

Anything will help, Having to walk 1.3 miles to catch a ride into town really sucks in the cold. Please let me know. I know that my passenger side rear is trash, and my drivers rear and drivers front have alot of movement in them. By looking at them, you would thing I was taking some "Dukes of Hazzard" jumps in this thing. Thanks alot.
+Quote Post
steeks
post Jan 5 2011, 04:20 PM
Post #14

914 Teener, What do you need to get out of those Rivieras??? Let me know, I will do my best to come up with the cash, I'm desperate.
+Quote Post
JoeSharp
post Jan 7 2011, 04:15 AM
Post #15

In Irvine, Ca. May 15-18

Member No.: 898
Region Association: South East States

I posted a link to here over on NARP for Greg. Hope he chimes in.
+Quote Post
steeks
post Jan 7 2011, 08:56 AM
Post #16

Thanks again Joe, Hopefully the 914 gods will smile on me, and I can make that Route 66 run.
+Quote Post
76-914
post Jan 7 2011, 09:42 AM
Post #17

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(steeks @ Jan 7 2011, 06:56 AM) *

Thanks again Joe, Hopefully the 914 gods will smile on me, and I can make that Route 66 run.

I will have 4 rims and tires soon that I bought from a member here. You cvan have them for what I paid, 100.00. I haven't received them yet but when I do I will only need them for 2-3 days. Let me know via a PM.
+Quote Post
Gint
post Jan 7 2011, 05:56 PM
Post #18

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I'm pretty sure I have 4 steelies I would gladly give you as long as you paid for shipping. In fact I'd like to get rid of some of them. But it sounds like you're in a hurry and time is the one thing I'm really short on. If you have some time and don't need them this instant, PM me.
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Jan 7 2011, 08:20 PM
Post #19

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

If you need a trailing you can have one free if you pay for shipping. Most have the hubs removed and the bearing would probably need to be replaced.
I might have a set of Dan Gurnay wheels that would also be free. I am out of town until the 14th.
Give me a call at 951 536 7478. I may have a freind who could take them to the Phoenix area.
Bruce

QUOTE(steeks @ Jan 7 2011, 06:56 AM) *

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
cconcepcion
post Jan 7 2011, 10:36 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 5,370

I've got a set of 5 steelies. (5.5 inches wide) they're not concours but look good @ 5ft. Had them painted 5 yrs ago. I'm located in Peoria,AZ. asking $300 623.225.9817

Regards, Cesar
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 02:42 PM