Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Unfair business practices CCR, How Custom Crankshaft repair screwed me
Thorshammer
post May 5 2004, 03:14 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,335

Let me first say that I am a very patient man. I have been in motorsports for well over 25 years. My background is in IMSA, SCCA, AMA, FIM World Superbike and FIM GP racing. I include this information so you may properly judge that I have not fallen off the turnip truck yesterday and am experienced and reasonable.

I must warn all of my fellow Porsche owners of the business practices of Armando Arroyo JR. DBA as CCR/ Custom Crankshaft Repair 612 So. Railroad Ave. San Mateo, CA 94401 650-364-1747/650-342-0568.

Many of you know I asked for help from fellow teeners including Brad to exert some influence on my behalf about two months ago. I appreciate all of your efforts, but this matter has not been resolved.

On November 12th 2003 I sent a 2.0 liter "S" 911 crank to CCR to be race prepped. Magnaflux, turn rod journals, Nitride, lighten,Balance, and cross drilled. Cost Quoted was 650.00. Contact with Armando 1st week in December, the crank passed magnaflux and inspection, the work was agreed on and would begin.

Jan 10, Armando called and the crank was done and the bill was 865.00 with 3 day shipping. We discussed the change in price, but he seemed reasonable. What the heck, I needed the crank. Sent 865.00 check to Armando via Express Mail, the check cleared my bank on 1/26/04.

Feb 10, 2004 I called him, has'nt had a chance to ship it out. Said he would, 3 day shipping (which I paid for already). Feb 20 I call and left a message, no call back. Finally reach him on March 3 he gives me a tracking number and says the side clearance on number two journal is excessive and to check it when I receive the crank. (WTF over did'nt he inspect the F---ing thing in November Was'nt I told it was done for two months at this point, now it has a problem with the side clearance) . I waited 3 more days and checked the tracking number with UPS, FEd EX Roadway, Airborn etc. UPS tracking number. Oh, so sorry! No known tracking number in the UPS system, even called UPS to find out if they had anything picked up from his address and being shipped to mine, NO!.

Since March 3 I have left several messages, no response. Two separate individuals have stopped by his place to inquire about the crank. One person held what was supposed to be my crank in his hands half completed, with a promise that it would be shipped 2 days later next day air shipping (April 6th 2004)
Guess what? No crank. I am cranky and crankless at this point and starting the laborious process of the legal system. My race motor sits without a major piece that I have paid for. And the season has started without me.

BEWARE of this business and it practices, the owner lies, commits fraud, and steals from his customers. I emplore you to find an alternative crank grinder.

On another note, does anyone have a 2.2-2.4 liter 6 for sale or a 2.0 "S" crank from which I can start again.

I am not a vindictive person, but do not want anyone else to suffer at the hands of this man. Beware!
Thanks for your time reading this, Maybe I saved you from the experience. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fighting19.gif)

Erik Madsen
Lakeville, MA
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Thorshammer   Unfair business practices CCR   May 5 2004, 03:14 PM
4WheelDrifter   Wow, good luck getting this settled. I hate crap l...   May 5 2004, 03:31 PM
Mark Henry   That sucks :angry: and that's fraud. WTF "the...   May 5 2004, 03:40 PM
Thorshammer   I called them, they say it is a civil matter, whic...   May 5 2004, 04:02 PM
Mark Henry   Keep records of everything! I mean everything...   May 5 2004, 04:32 PM
Targa   Man, :angry: I was not aware of this situation. ...   May 5 2004, 04:39 PM
Jeff Bonanno   go get em, malchik!   May 5 2004, 04:51 PM
TimT   Odd.... we have used CCR for years...and not had a...   May 5 2004, 06:17 PM
Brad Roberts   Right now Armando has about 17 messages on his ans...   May 5 2004, 06:31 PM
TimT  
  May 5 2004, 06:46 PM
Brad Roberts   Late breaking info: New kid born within the last ...   May 5 2004, 07:31 PM
TimT   Well its kind of a relief for me... as I mentioned...   May 5 2004, 07:59 PM
Brad Roberts   We will figure it out. Varik spoke with some of hi...   May 5 2004, 08:00 PM
Thorshammer   Guys, Thanks for your help. I also have done busi...   May 5 2004, 09:30 PM
Targa   Just spoke with Armando in person. He said that he...   May 6 2004, 02:42 PM
Thorshammer   Working from the house this week. No phone call. H...   May 6 2004, 06:10 PM
Thorshammer   Oh, Yes he did leave a message on my cell phone? ...   May 7 2004, 10:40 AM
Targa   You will be lucky if you get a crank that is usabl...   May 7 2004, 11:37 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 01:45 AM