Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Gas Prices are going to kill me!!!!, $2.20 Gal
morph
post May 8 2004, 12:07 PM
Post #1

quality parts builder

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,389
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I just paid $2.20 gallon for gas, and the prices are still going up, every day the price goes up 3 or 4 cents.

Hiedi
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(20 - 39)
mikester
post May 8 2004, 05:51 PM
Post #21

Member No.: 837

Exactaramadingdong

Couldn't have said it better myself.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post May 8 2004, 07:55 PM
Post #22

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

and without so much as a kiss first tim.
+Quote Post
Randal
post May 8 2004, 10:47 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 750

6-8 months ago I heard Joseph Alioto, the ex-major of San Francisco, on The Savage Nation, talking about why our prices are so high in Northern California.

He said that regardless of what is presented, there are really only two gas companies, i.e., they own all the others…

Or in other words what we have here is a Monopoly.

And guess what folks, there isn’t going to be anyone who is going to move against them, including the Justice Department.

Oh, by the way gas companies value their inventory on a first in last out basis. What this means is that they re-cost the entire “pipeline” on the basis of the last oil purchase.

Of course this is supposed to drop prices as quickly as the price per barrel goes down, but we all know differently.

Politics as usual.
+Quote Post
Malmz
post May 8 2004, 11:00 PM
Post #24

CSOBOSC founding member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 602

I'm still trying to reason why diesel is now the same price as premium here, when two months ago it was $.20 less then regular... And diesel is about 5 steps down the refinement chain as gas...

Oh well, gotta pay to play. Just wish they would increase their credit card max charges at the same time so I could get a bit more then half a tank in the Excessive at one filling... $75.00 shut off is just stoopid when gas is $2.50 a gallon.

sm
+Quote Post
Otmar
post May 9 2004, 02:42 AM
Post #25

2000 Amps in a 914

Member No.: 387

Gas? What's that?
You guys still using gas? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
I'm voting for $5 a gallon here in the US. I figure it's the best way to get rid of those SUVs that are risking my life by being on the road. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fighting19.gif)

Oh well, stupid is as stupid does, and in Uhmerica that means believing TV ads and throwing lots of pure profit at the car makers for unsafe gas guzzling SUVs. (It's just a pickup truck, Duh!)

Just be glad our beloved teeners get close to 30 mpg on gas. (I think that's right, correct me if I'm wrong it's been a while since I ran one on gas)

Have fun!
+Quote Post
Chris914n6
post May 9 2004, 05:13 AM
Post #26

Jackstands are my life.

Member No.: 431
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(SP9146 @ May 8 2004, 02:27 PM)
Means this is not a temporary situation this time. Lots of oil in the Russian ground, only hope I see is them tapping into that quickly.

Pete
1970 914-6 Irish Green

Don't worry, it's in process... just had to clear the way through Afganistan and Iraq for the pipeline. We've already twisted Saudi Arabia's arm. Thank our Republican friends (IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif)

Chris
"a good stock trader has resources..." forgot what seminar that was from.
+Quote Post
mikester
post May 9 2004, 08:05 AM
Post #27

My 914 got freaking great mileage on the highway but horrible in town. The 911 is the same. Last night I drove from LA to San Diego and back on half a tank of gas. Over 250 miles - in my Xterra that would have been a whole tank of gas.
+Quote Post
Bruce Allert
post May 9 2004, 08:24 AM
Post #28

Hellions asleep

Member No.: 441

I have a 68 galon tank in the "Beav" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) Shit!(at 6 mpg) I may as well just get a $100 a night motel for the next trip. Sure hope it goes down in 2 months!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

.........b
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post May 9 2004, 08:34 AM
Post #29

oh, they're going to go down bruce. i mean the stack of c-notes in your wallet. since i'm a happy commuter these days, bus to seattle, i've noticed the park and ride is half full of suvs and big pickups. we haven't seen anything yet. wait until interest rates start climbing and the housing market collapses. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif)

kevin
+Quote Post
mikester
post May 9 2004, 09:02 AM
Post #30

I take the bus every day to work. My commute is half of what it is if I drive and I take a nap on the way to work and on the way home.

The park and ride is quite full of SUVs.
+Quote Post
anthony
post May 9 2004, 09:20 AM
Post #31

2270 club

Member No.: 218

My buddy takes the bus too. The problem is that most of us don't have that option.

There was an interesting piece on NPR a couple weeks ago. The guy made the case that $3+/gallon gas might be good for the economy in the long run. It might cause a boom in solar technology development, wind power, hybrids that get 60mpg and other alternative fuel cars.

A boom in domestic alternative energies would help the economy and at the same time reduce the amount of money we are sending abroad for the purchase of oil.
+Quote Post
PatW
post May 9 2004, 09:28 AM
Post #32

Wassup?

Member No.: 317
Region Association: Northern California

Supply and demand and Government Intervention helps keep Gas here in the Peoples Republic of Kaliforina, expensive.

Last I heard; there was like 17 different blends of gas in this State because of county regs. Add that no new Oil Refineries have been built in many years and we are all wondering WTF? IMHO

Instead I'll drive my 914 untill the motor drops. Then get a Raby 2270 and laugh some more. Oh wait. Smog Law reform threatens to kill my 914 to the scrap heap.
I'm Fu'ked. This state sucks.. I want out.

Pat
+Quote Post
Red-Beard
post May 9 2004, 09:44 AM
Post #33

"Ya canna change the laws of Physics"

Member No.: 288
Region Association: None

Glad to hear the run back was uneventful! Good time had by all.

At Costco on Monday, regular gas was $2.09/gal (Pretty cheap in San Diego). Thursday it was $2.19 and I filled the 911 with 92 for $2.39. Highest in Town is $2.79 for regular.

This helps a lot!

Fuel Tracker - San Diego

Warning - Warning - Warning! Very liberal website
UCAN's Home
Warning - Warning - Warning! Very liberal website
+Quote Post
tesserra
post May 9 2004, 09:45 AM
Post #34

Member No.: 479

The story on the deisel going up is that spill, piprline break, they had in the Delta.
It just pisses me off that the oil companies make a profit on thier fuck-ups. They save long term capital expenses by not maitaining there pipeline, it breaks, the news makes a big deal about it, then prices go up in no relation to the true expense of the "disaster".
If I screw something up in my buisness I can not make it up on the customers in the following 2 or three weeks.
I guess I am in the wrong buisness.

Sepreate rant:
Why the FUCK is propane more expensive? They don't have to "reformulate" it for summer, they didn't spilll any. I guess the answer is "because they can"

HAPPY MOTHER DAY to all. Honor your mothers and mothers of your children. Moms are awesome!

George
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post May 9 2004, 10:37 AM
Post #35

shell- royal dutch petroleum. bp- british petroleum. hehe. the bus ride is under an hour as compared to the 2 1/2 each way it took the first day when i drove up. every nice moring i think how fun it would be to drive the silver car up with the top off. that thought lasts for about 30 seconds. bus pass is $90 a month for unlimited travel.

kevin
+Quote Post
morph
post May 9 2004, 10:59 AM
Post #36

quality parts builder

Member No.: 1,389

i walked in the house and gave my wife the recipt for filling our company truck(v6 dodge dakota)used to cost 28.00 to fill it it was 39.00 dollars the other day.and thats why she started this post she drives a geo metro to work used to cost 8.00 to fill the tank on that thing now its 15.00.my 914 who knows never paid attention i just drive.
she started this thread cause she sees the recipts shes the bean counter. im the all american consumer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
james
+Quote Post
Trekkor
post May 9 2004, 11:32 AM
Post #37

I do things...

Member No.: 1,413
Region Association: Northern California

Diesel in Napa was $2.49 a gal. $.06 higher than 91 octane.

This is expensive..but what isn't?

Think about the price per gallon you pay for the other liquids we use:

Milk, Beer, Wine, OJ, Olive Oil, Coke etc. even bottled water. A single serve coke/water outta a vending machine = $7.50 a gal (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

Gas is by far the cheap thrill of the day. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)

BTW, west coast real estate is up, so the gas stations gotta recover somehow.

I paid $85 to top off my truck the other day. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

So...Everything said...Make more money (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif)
Ahh memories, when diesel was .89 a gal just 3-4 years ago.

FYI- I heard a funny story about a guy who used to collect spent deep fat fryer oil from restaunts. He'd put this stuff in his diesel mixed 50/50 with fuel.
Story goes- " It ran great, but smelled like burnt fish-n-chips goin' down the road! " (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)

Ideas? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
+Quote Post
MXMARK
post May 9 2004, 12:06 PM
Post #38

Member No.: 1,656

Man I need to figure this out. $32.00 for 5 gal of race gas leaded and 2.49 for 10 gal of 91 super unleaded. Tank not full but close. This equals 56.90 per tank or 3.79 per gallon at 22 miles per gal. 2.5l race motor and daily driver. Still gets better then my Ford truck. Oh well the bicycle or motorcycle might have to get cleaned up and ready. Mark
+Quote Post
tesserra
post May 9 2004, 12:22 PM
Post #39

Member No.: 479

A great lee Iacoca quote:

There is some thing wrong with a country that would gladly pay more for bottled water than gas.

I paraphrased it, but he is right.
If the oil companies kept the price consistent then we could shift to better mileage cars slowly.
Then we could buy used high milage/hybrid type cars and SUVs.
It makes no money sense to give up my paid for Suburban to have a $500 monthly payment on a new, better milage vehicle, to save $200 per month on gas.

George
+Quote Post
Malmz
post May 9 2004, 01:05 PM
Post #40

CSOBOSC founding member

Member No.: 602

QUOTE(trekkor @ May 9 2004, 09:32 AM)
FYI- I heard a funny story about a guy who used to collect spent deep fat fryer oil from restaunts. He'd put this stuff in his diesel mixed 50/50 with fuel.
Story goes- " It ran great, but smelled like burnt fish-n-chips goin' down the road! " (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)

Ideas? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

I saw one recently like that too. $800 conversion to run 100% on used cooking oil, and it got close to double the mileage... yep, same quote about the smell though...

sm
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 06:21 AM