Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: Marketing a unique property
Part Pricer
post Jun 7 2004, 12:50 PM
Post #1

Believe everything I post

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 35

My wife, who is a fairly successful Realtor, has approached me with a challenge on marketing a house/property that she has just listed here in Connecticut. The house is somewhat unique and has some very interesting features. This is where my wife thought that I could help.

First, here are the basics. It is a six bedroom antique home situated on just over two acres. It was built in 1787. I understand that it has some historical significance. The house has a two car detached garage.

Now, here is where it gets interesting. The guy that owns the property, besides being an old-timer, is a car buff. In addition to the garage, there are four other outbuildings on the property. Each outbuilding is heated and air-conditioned. Each building is also equipped with at least one lift and has a compressor for air tools. I haven’t been over there yet, but my wife believes that someone could easily store 20 to 25 cars in climate-controlled comfort.

I’m guessing that you really need to find just the right person for this house. So, my question becomes, “How do you market a property to attract a car buff that also wouldn’t mind living in a 200-year-old house?”

Is there someplace that people like this congregate? I’ve ruled out the 914 Club because the buyer for this property also would need to have some money to spend. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) Are there any publications that serious collectors read?

Oh, almost forgot. We have very strict zoning laws. So, this property would have to remain a private home. There is no potential of using the property for any commercial endeavor.

Any ideas?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 10:08 PM