Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How do you drive?
How do you drive?
How do you drive?
If I'm not on the track, I can't tell. [ 5 ] ** [6.41%]
Fast as possible. [ 8 ] ** [10.26%]
Fast in the sticks/on highway, mellow around town. [ 57 ] ** [73.08%]
Always the speed limit. [ 6 ] ** [7.69%]
People tailgate me all day. [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
I don't drive. I can't be trusted. [ 2 ] ** [2.56%]
Total Votes: 78
Guests cannot vote 
scotty
post Jul 20 2004, 09:55 AM
Post #21

The Fun Never Stops

Group: Members
Member No.: 718
Region Association: None

Country roads have a whole different set of hazards... that said, I use

The Basic Rule

Designated and posted speeds are not the final word in Oregon. All travel on public streets and highways is subject to the Basic Rule. The Basic Rule is both a safety valve and an acknowledgment that drivers are able to act independently, reasonably, and with good judgment.

The Basic Rule states that a motorist must drive at a speed that is reasonable and prudent at all times by considering other traffic, road, and weather conditions, dangers at intersections and any other conditions that affect safety and speed. The Basic Rule does not allow motorists to drive faster than the posted speed, nor does it set absolute speeds designated for all conditions. The Rule expects drivers to be responsible for their own actions.

Sudden braking at 25 mph on ice or snow in a speed zone posted at 30 mph can cause the driver to lose control of the vehicle. In this case, the ice or snow has made the posted speed unreasonable. The posted speed is in violation of the Basic Rule.

...there are times when "rapid progress to a destination" is "reasonable and prudent." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
aircooledboy
post Jul 20 2004, 10:47 AM
Post #22

Sweet Pea's 1st ride in daddy's "vroom -vroom"

Member No.: 1,629
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I'm pretty careful, but usually about 15-20 MPH over the limit. It is bad habit, but having been a prosecutor, I know most of the cop types for pretty wide radius around here, so on the rare occasion that I get stopped, I am pretty sucessful in mooching a free pass. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)
+Quote Post
PorscheTom
post Jul 20 2004, 11:53 AM
Post #23

Will work for an Avatar.

Member No.: 2,057

Heh, with a red 914 and a black 928, the cops are always looking to bust me on Hwy 44. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) I don't give 'em the chance, I try to stay at the speed limit. Following a RV or some truck usually helps. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
Andy
post Jul 20 2004, 03:05 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 1,194

Pretty slow, I tried pushing it down the street, running and jumping in but I got so tired - I tried to make other people push me around but nobody would go for it.

Oh, a car that runs!?!?! One of these days!
+Quote Post
TimT
post Jul 20 2004, 04:19 PM
Post #25

retired

Member No.: 313

The more racing you do the more you're inclined to leave racing to the track, where your challenges are measured.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) werd
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 12:40 PM