Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> steering wheel removal, horn ring removal, want to pull speedo to fix odo + wrap steering wheel
potomacmidget
post Jan 14 2012, 11:52 AM
Post #1

I gotta have more cowbell....

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,860
Region Association: North East States

Hi All,

My odometer and trip odometer are working intermittently, so I guess I need to pull the gauge and see if I am gutsy enough to disassemble the gauge via the pellican article (or send to a fellow forum member for repair?)

To do this I guess I need to pull the steering wheel (first the horn ring). I see in the Haynes manual I am supposed to turn the horn ring CCW, however I don't know if that means an 1/8 of a turn then it pulls off, or does it have to spin multiple times to come off? Don't want to screw up the horn contact wire since my horn actually works.

Then wanted to pull the steering wheel to see if I could sew a leather cover on. Any nightmares with pulling the steering wheel? The wheel on my MG Midget comes off very easy but that car is seriously primitive compared to the 914.

Any advice appreciated.

thanks
Reg
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 03:03 AM