Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Questions about Alternator and Brake Bleeding
tornik550
post May 23 2012, 11:44 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,486
Region Association: None

Two short questions-
My battery is not charging. How can I check to see if the alternator is working. I suspect there may actually be a wiring issue somewhere cause all the wiring has been screwed with on my car.

I bled my brakes and everything seems solid. I noticed that when I am at a stoplight, The pedal starts to slowly creep get softer. It only travels about an inch or so more. If I let of the brake and reapply, then the brake is hard again. - one problem that may or may not be associated is when I was bleeding my brakes, I bled the right rear brake first. I used a hand held pump. I pumped it to 25 mmhg, slightly turned the bleeder screw and the fluid started to flow. The issue was that the 25mmhg quickly bled down to about 10mmhg. It seemed logical that the pressure would decrease however all of the other brakes maintained the 25mmhg even when the brake fluid was coming out. Not sure if that is an issue?

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 4)
JawjaPorsche
post May 23 2012, 12:03 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,351
Region Association: South East States

If you will go to local auto parts store, they will check to see if it is charging for free.

Brakes. Did you have help with bleeding or did you use speed bleeders? You did not mention in your post. Sounds like you still have air in your brakes.
+Quote Post
two-strokejohn
post May 23 2012, 12:20 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,793
Region Association: North East States

Sounds like a little bit of air left in the system. Two man bleeding is the way to go. If you need help Steve, give me a shout and I'd be glad to help..... here or at your place....John
+Quote Post
kerensky
post May 23 2012, 01:11 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 5,508
Region Association: Southwest Region

From my Bug experience, those cars get better brake bleeding results if you jack up the rear of the car higher than the front, then start at the right rear. I wonder if 914's might benefit from that tactic...
+Quote Post
76-914
post May 23 2012, 01:52 PM
Post #5

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

Put a volt meter on the bat with engine running above idle. You should see 13-14v nom. Read this http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=117551 more especialy, Spokes post within that thread.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 07:01 AM