Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Questions about Alternator and Brake Bleeding
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tornik550
Two short questions-
My battery is not charging. How can I check to see if the alternator is working. I suspect there may actually be a wiring issue somewhere cause all the wiring has been screwed with on my car.

I bled my brakes and everything seems solid. I noticed that when I am at a stoplight, The pedal starts to slowly creep get softer. It only travels about an inch or so more. If I let of the brake and reapply, then the brake is hard again. - one problem that may or may not be associated is when I was bleeding my brakes, I bled the right rear brake first. I used a hand held pump. I pumped it to 25 mmhg, slightly turned the bleeder screw and the fluid started to flow. The issue was that the 25mmhg quickly bled down to about 10mmhg. It seemed logical that the pressure would decrease however all of the other brakes maintained the 25mmhg even when the brake fluid was coming out. Not sure if that is an issue?

Thanks
JawjaPorsche
If you will go to local auto parts store, they will check to see if it is charging for free.

Brakes. Did you have help with bleeding or did you use speed bleeders? You did not mention in your post. Sounds like you still have air in your brakes.
two-strokejohn
Sounds like a little bit of air left in the system. Two man bleeding is the way to go. If you need help Steve, give me a shout and I'd be glad to help..... here or at your place....John
kerensky
From my Bug experience, those cars get better brake bleeding results if you jack up the rear of the car higher than the front, then start at the right rear. I wonder if 914's might benefit from that tactic...
76-914
Put a volt meter on the bat with engine running above idle. You should see 13-14v nom. Read this http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=117551 more especialy, Spokes post within that thread.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.