Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Original coating of the headlight pivots, headlight bracket plates & headlight motor arms, What is it on your car?
A&PGirl
post Jun 30 2012, 01:50 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,367
Region Association: None

This thread was started over in the Garage because I was wanted to get my stuff plated soon, but I soon found out that it's not that easy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

Here is the garage thread: Thread

If I can, I'd rather go for originality across all years, but it looks like there is difference between the years and the special editions.

LE VIN run-brackets silver, headlight covers grey
7?-brackets yellow, pivots unknown
7?-brackets yellow, pivots yellow
7?-brackets clear zinc, pivots clear zinc
7?-brackets clear zinc, pivots no plate

^on all fasteners yellow

Now, it brings the question up what is the original coating of the headlight motor arm? Yellow plate, clear plate, dove blue/grey paint?

I'm really curious now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
What is the correct coating for the headlight pivots & the headlight bracket plates?

I know the headlight motor arms are supposed to be yellow plate. What is it for the rest? Does it depend on year? 914/6 vs 914/4? Day of the week? How drunk Hans was? Supervisors mood?
Most of these parts are painted over in bad repaint jobs of the cars. For those who are wondering, I was thinking about getting them plated in the correct plate if
possible.

It would help if you mention the year/engine of the car, paint code, special editions, and whether the car was intended in the USA/Euro market/Grey market. What is your opinion? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This is a no stress, no demand thread.

I'm just looking for info for my (late) 1974 2.0 Alaska blue, my fathers (early) 1974 1.8 Silver, my family's (early) 1972 1.7 Irish Green and the latest acquisition the 1973 2.0.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
1970 Neun vierzehn
post Jul 1 2012, 12:17 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,727

I do not know if these photos will be useful to you or not. It depicts the H/L assembly components in their totally unrestored state.

The car in the photos is my 1970 /4, build date January 1970.

Paul

Lots of gray paint!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
1970 Neun vierzehn
post Jul 1 2012, 01:18 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,727

bracket .....

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 06:54 PM