Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> roebling Road DE, this weekend
Blynes
post Dec 6 2004, 01:59 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 169

I bought the car two years ago and to make a long story short - I had the wrong person building the car.

Thanks to Ron Zitza of Zotz Racing we now have something to work with that doesen't leave a trail of parts on the track.

The car was set up for HSR with a 2.5L running PMO's.
Dynoed at 270HP.

It has been described as a go cart on steroids.

I ran Hoosier radials this weekend and it stuck anywhere I put it - that is till I drove through some sand in turn 5.

I turned a 120.99 lap time in practice.

I did get in 11 laps but ended with a DNF stuck in the sand.

Bill
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ein 6er
post Dec 6 2004, 04:24 PM
Post #22

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 300
Region Association: None

hey bill!!

doug here, i spoke to sunday at roebling, you gave me one of your calendars. sounds like you had a good time, bummer about the DNF, hope you didn't do any damage. your car really sounds nice screaming around the track!! i won't get my film back until thurs. or fri., i post some pics then. BTW, really nice meeting you and Tim T. also.

MAN!!! where were all those 914s this weekend?!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
Blynes
post Dec 6 2004, 05:27 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 169

QUOTE(ein 6er @ Dec 6 2004, 02:24 PM)
hey bill!!

doug here, i spoke to sunday at roebling, you gave me one of your calendars. sounds like you had a good time,  bummer about the DNF, hope you didn't do any damage. your car really sounds nice screaming around the track!! i won't get my film back until thurs. or fri., i post some pics then. BTW, really nice meeting you and Tim T. also.

MAN!!! where were all those 914s this weekend?!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Hi Doug,

The only damage was to my ego. Easily fixed.

I would like to have finished the race but it will still count for my license.

Bill
+Quote Post
TimT
post Dec 6 2004, 07:37 PM
Post #24

retired

Member No.: 313

Hey Doug, sorry I really didnt get to much of a chance to BS, I was up to my elbows in that 935 rebuild. We did get our car back on track, and were turning low 1:15's in practice and qualifying.... Billy gridded in 13th pos, jumped 4 cars on the green flag, then passed 3 cars to take 6th place., but then I was on the radio to him telling him to pass some more cup cars Nad those pesky GT3RS's, and he spun off.. In all he ended up 10th and 2nd in class..

We drove 15 hours from NY, bent some valvbles in test and tune, got some valves and gaskets from Perfomance Imports in Atlanta, and did a valve job on 3.8 turbo engine on saturday morning.. Came rain wind sleet and bent valves we were going to be in that race..

Savannah/Roebling Road was a great few days of racing.. I cant wait to get back there next year!!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 04:54 AM