Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V « < 9 10 11  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BUILD-OFF CHALLENGE: Trojanhorsepower's Rusty 74 restoration Mark II, Progress thread to keep me going
dlee6204
post Sep 22 2021, 07:05 PM
Post #201

Howdy

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,956

QUOTE(trojanhorsepower @ Sep 22 2021, 08:55 PM) *

Dr. Evil hooked me up with a tail cone!
Went to Doug's yesterday and we installed and fired the engine. It was too late to run or brake it in, but it was very exciting to see some signs of life.

Proof that the engine made it in the car!

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dlee6204
post Jan 16 2022, 09:20 AM
Post #202

Howdy

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,956

This happened a while back but Peter made a visit and we got the engine fully running and was able to complete a 20 min break-in. At steady throttle there was a slight popping that we will have to troubleshoot later on. I took a short video during the first start-up (notice the grinning). The goal is to get the car running enough to drive on the trailer.

When we first tried to start the motor, we were unsuccessful. After some troubleshooting determined that the muffler was full of mouse remnants and plugged up. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif) Luckily we got it cleared out and the engine running successfully.

VIDEO LINK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= hno1U3xHzWI

After this event, I buttoned up a few items such as the emergency brake, clutch and acceleration cables, and the pedal board area. The car will soon be ready for Peter to take back and get paintwork finished.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

11 Pages V « < 9 10 11
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 06:27 AM