Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Ultimate DAPO, This guy is really talented.....
ejm
post Jan 5 2005, 07:17 PM
Post #21

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel

Group: Members
Member No.: 224
Region Association: None

Sad but true there are DIY'ers like that out there...too bad he can't turn to a BBS that can help him. How many people here can relate to this?

8VGumby wrote on VWvortex:
Just to clear up any confusion here, its simple - I have never had to work on any of my cars before as Ive typically always have been in a good financial situation. But at 38 I decided that I wanted to do this - after all it is not my primary car anymore so its not like I am without a vehicle. Its a project to me. If I kill it, Im out of money but not out of transportation and besides, if it gets to the point where its broken beyond repair I will just have someone fix it for me. Its not really a big deal at this point. I am determined to get this done though as I havent gotten this far in life by backing down from anything - I face things head on and do it no matter what. This is no different. It will get completed. Could I go out and buy a Porsche Boxster S? Sure but what feeling of accomplishment would that be.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MattR
post Jan 5 2005, 07:24 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,589
Region Association: Northern California

Most of those "DIYers" are just guys who change their oil, maybe take out an article in the interior, or possibly change out a strut (or two). Dont confuse them with car guys. These are guys who dont know shit about cars and work out of one of those 13 pc toolboxes found in the glove compartment. They're all around me at a car club at school. They basically throw on japanese plates on their car, install big exhaust, and a 4 pt harness and think they're tough shit now.

When they ask me what "mods" ive done to my car I say "nothing, it came perfect from the factory (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 10:23 AM