Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Wheel/Tire Fitment on narrow car, fuchs 16*6 and 16*7 with 205/40/16
Alapone
post Aug 26 2014, 09:35 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,734
Region Association: None

Hello all,

I know this topic has been beaten to death but one more time couldn't hurt right? I am nearing the end of my part collecting odyssey for 5 lug conversion and am now wondering on tire fitment on my narrow car. I have fuchs 16x6 and 7 and originally purchased falken azenis 205/40/16 size tires to go with the setup. Now that I am older and wiser I am wondering the following.....

- Will my 205/40s fit under the narrow rears with a redrilled hub rotor 914-4 setup on the 7" rim?
- Will 205/ 40s fit on a 7" rim at all?
- If they will do I want to run this low a profile tire (82mm)?
- Can I squeeze more tire under the rears 215/50 225/50 (without manipulating fenders)
- I am told I will have to work the fenders to fit 7s at all. If this is the case should I just get the 215s or 225 I want and work the fenders accordingly?
- From a car value standpoint I have to assume on 75' 2.0, the added value of a 911 suspension set up should offset any negative effects of the rolled/pulled fenders. Is this correct thinking? I know these cars are becoming collectable but I'm not really hurting myself here right?
- I am thinking of Dunlop direzza 215/50/R16 as the compromise can I do this.

I know 16x6s all around is the pain free path.......but that extra inch in the back is just so cool....AND I have em already.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 12:02 AM