Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V « < 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> LED Front Turnsignal And Rear Brake/Taillight/Turnsignals
petza914
post Oct 25 2019, 08:25 AM
Post #162

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,410
Region Association: South East States

Finally got around to installing the full spokeworks exterior LED kit into my 914 that I got last Christmas. Much brighter, lower power consumption, and some cool features like the front white lights turn off when the amber turn signals are activated. Linked instructions were very good, fit was very good.

Very happy with the results

I have some led bulbs for the front headlights yet to install behind my H4 lenses to complete the job.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ValcoOscar
post Oct 25 2019, 08:30 AM
Post #163

Garage Life

Member No.: 16,669
Region Association: Southern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

Spoke's LED lights are one of my favorite mods. Keeps our cars a bit more visible out on the road. Thank you!!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

I hope to buy some more soon...

Oscar
+Quote Post
drem914
post Oct 25 2019, 01:44 PM
Post #164

Member No.: 9,062

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Oct 25 2019, 07:30 AM) *

Spoke's LED lights are one of my favorite mods. Keeps our cars a bit more visible out on the road. Thank you!!!

Oscar

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) except not to sure about the "hope to buy more soon." That means I need to get another car and I just don't have room in the garage right now.
+Quote Post
ndfrigi
post Oct 25 2019, 01:56 PM
Post #165

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,474

QUOTE(drem914 @ Oct 25 2019, 12:44 PM) *

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Oct 25 2019, 07:30 AM) *

Oscar

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) except not to sure about the "hope to buy more soon." That means I need to get another car and I just don't have room in the garage right now.

applicable to Oscar to buy more since he has several 914s and all running car and not just project on jack stands or parts car. hehehe
Waiting to Install mine soon since I got mine from Michael (cairo) that he didn’t use.
Hope I can exchange the front euro green board to white also even I didn’t really bought it directly from Spoke.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Spoke
post Oct 25 2019, 09:11 PM
Post #166

Jerry

Member No.: 3,031
Region Association: None

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Oct 25 2019, 03:56 PM) *

Hope I can exchange the front euro green board to white also even I didn’t really bought it directly from Spoke.

@ndfrigi

Sure you can exchange the front Euro green board. Michael purchased that set back in 2015. Glad to see the boards still in use in another 914. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
mmichalik
post Oct 25 2019, 10:00 PM
Post #167

MikeM

Member No.: 19,600

If we still can, I would like a full set, front and rear, all U.S plus seals.
Let me know please
+Quote Post
Spoke
post Oct 26 2019, 07:19 AM
Post #168

Jerry

QUOTE(mmichalik @ Oct 26 2019, 12:00 AM) *

If we still can, I would like a full set, front and rear, all U.S plus seals.
Let me know please

Still making all the LEDs. Check my website:

Spokeworks LED

For seals, check out 914rubber.com.
+Quote Post
malcolm2
post Oct 30 2019, 08:48 PM
Post #169

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,139

Attached Image Attached ImageAttached Image

Added brake-tail lights tonight. Easy peezy.
+Quote Post
Porschef
post Oct 31 2019, 08:07 AM
Post #170

How you doin'

Member No.: 12,152
Region Association: North East States

On my wish list (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
TitanMZ3
post May 11 2020, 08:42 AM
Post #171

Member No.: 23,479
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I picked up the whole LED light kit for my '76 914. I am impressed. Huge upgrade in visibility. The back-up lights really light the way. The initial setup takes a bit mostly due to cleaning up the bulb sockets of oxidation and attaching the support brackets. Once that is done though, installation or reversal of the entire kit will probably take 5-8 minutes. I attached a bunch of pics. The driver's side of the car has been swapped over to LED. I ended up not needing the modified turn signal relay since it seemed to work just fine.

Some vid taken perhaps 30 minutes before dusk
https://youtu.be/_NfOOI45hr0
https://youtu.be/6bnrjdgwVvM

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
+Quote Post
BPic
post May 12 2020, 05:33 AM
Post #172

Member No.: 21,864

Received my Spoke LED fogs back yesterday and they are really nice. Thanks @spoke

Installation is as easy as mounting them and hooking up the wires, they come ready to use. I now have Spoke LED on all four corners, Spoke fogs, and I went 914Rubber LED bulbs for the headlights. I already did the grounding of the white/blue wire from the fog relay and will change the wiring so I can run the fogs as running lights. The pics don't do them justice since I'm not a photographer and taking pics of lights makes thing look weird but here they are and they are very bright. I'll try to get better pics and repost.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

So here's the thing. There are a few other options for LED out there but.... None that are the quality of Spoke LEDs and if you have questions try getting ahold of someone that knows the 914 intricacies. I sent Jerry an email on a Saturday to ask a question about an issue I was having and within 15 minutes my phone rang. He said it was easier to go over it on the phone and spent 20 minutes fixing what I screwed up and talking about 914's in general. So if you want a quality product, excellent customer service, and a fair price go with Spoke.

Thanks again Jerry! Love the lights!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
mb911
post May 12 2020, 06:25 AM
Post #173

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Just ordered brake lights from Jerry..
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post May 12 2020, 07:17 AM
Post #174

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

We have spoke's lights on the rear of Betty's car. When I got hit, the first thing I did was turn on the hazard flashers. The whole back end of the car was smashed, but Spoke's LED lights in the rear were still working even after some of the LEDs were scraped off the board!!! You could see the right rear light still working from inside the folded sheet metal.

Hell of a great product. I will be installing new ones when we get her car back from the body shop.

Clay
+Quote Post
76-914
post May 12 2020, 09:29 AM
Post #175

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964

QUOTE(BPic @ May 12 2020, 04:33 AM) *

Received my Spoke LED fogs back yesterday and they are really nice. Thanks @spoke

Installation is as easy as mounting them and hooking up the wires, they come ready to use. I now have Spoke LED on all four corners, Spoke fogs, and I went 914Rubber LED bulbs for the headlights. I already did the grounding of the white/blue wire from the fog relay and will change the wiring so I can run the fogs as running lights. The pics don't do them justice since I'm not a photographer and taking pics of lights makes thing look weird but here they are and they are very bright. I'll try to get better pics and repost.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

So here's the thing. There are a few other options for LED out there but.... None that are the quality of Spoke LEDs and if you have questions try getting ahold of someone that knows the 914 intricacies. I sent Jerry an email on a Saturday to ask a question about an issue I was having and within 15 minutes my phone rang. He said it was easier to go over it on the phone and spent 20 minutes fixing what I screwed up and talking about 914's in general. So if you want a quality product, excellent customer service, and a fair price go with Spoke.

Thanks again Jerry! Love the lights!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

I 2nd Jerry's stellar service. Top Notch! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)
+Quote Post
Spoke
post May 12 2020, 12:57 PM
Post #176

Jerry

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 12 2020, 09:17 AM) *

We have spoke's lights on the rear of Betty's car. When I got hit, the first thing I did was turn on the hazard flashers. The whole back end of the car was smashed, but Spoke's LED lights in the rear were still working even after some of the LEDs were scraped off the board!!! You could see the right rear light still working from inside the folded sheet metal.

Hell of a great product. I will be installing new ones when we get her car back from the body shop.

Clay

@ClayPerrine

Still pleasantly amazed you were not seriously hurt in that accident. Let me know what lights need replaced and I'll take care of it. Please send me the broken boards unless you want to keep them.
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post May 12 2020, 01:04 PM
Post #177

PMB Performance

Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Offroad car has a set. No filaments to rattle loose.
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post May 12 2020, 01:23 PM
Post #178

Life's been good to me so far.....

Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(Spoke @ May 12 2020, 01:57 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 12 2020, 09:17 AM) *

Clay

@ClayPerrine

Still pleasantly amazed you were not seriously hurt in that accident. Let me know what lights need replaced and I'll take care of it. Please send me the broken boards unless you want to keep them.

I will let the body shop know to save them.
+Quote Post
Spoke
post May 25 2020, 10:24 AM
Post #179

Jerry

Got the first set of round brake/rear turnsignal board assembled. This set will be going to Bob @Rleog for his 914RS car.

I will test out the boards on my 914 so hope to have some pictures later today. Assuming they fit well, I'll put these on my website soon. These boards have 20 more LEDs than the square brake/turnsignal boards as I wanted to insure that the round pattern wouldn't have holes.

As for pricing, the added LEDs and inflation has caught up to Spokeworks. Pricing will change from $90 to $100 for the brakes and $100 to $110 for the turnsignals. The first price increase since 2014 when I started making these boards. The square boards will remain at their current price points.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
SKL1
post May 25 2020, 10:31 AM
Post #180

Member No.: 12,732
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Another satisfied customer here- have them on both 914's, with euro lighting (ROW on one, Italian clear fronts on another)...

Need to get his fog light boards- just haven't gotten around to it.
+Quote Post
Spoke
post May 25 2020, 07:37 PM
Post #181

Jerry

The fit is good. They look really cool although the reverse light is still a square.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post

12 Pages V « < 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 08:49 PM