Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1975 Porsche 914, Single Mother's dream car
ripper911
post Feb 13 2015, 07:08 AM
Post #161

corde pulsum tangite

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,654
Region Association: South East States

I'll do it for crawfish and moonshine! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Feb 13 2015, 09:48 AM
Post #162

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696
Region Association: None

Yep ... around Feb 8, 2012 I went and looked at the car (found the thread via search).

You want to see, search nigolusa by exact name and you will see all the threads related to him and the car.

A prevaricator of the first order.

Now, if he wants assistance, the charge is $120 per hour or $2.00 per minute from an "amateur", but my suggestion is that he call Pick-A-Part. He'll get the <$500 it is worth.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

Sorry my fellow amateurs, I couldn't resist.

Oh, and I want Stone Crabs, Blue Point Oysters and Little Neck Clams. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) Crawfish are good too!
+Quote Post
Bulldog9
post Feb 13 2015, 11:36 AM
Post #163

Member No.: 16,283
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

lol, this guy reminds me of the bank robber who wrote his 'stickup note' on the back of a personal check..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
nigolusa
post Feb 13 2015, 11:44 AM
Post #164

nigolusa

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 9,737
Region Association: Southern California

If anybody is familiar with the show "Wheeler Dealers" on Speed Channel, you've seen Ed China at work. In fact there was a show in which he diagnosed a 914 with cooling problems related to the flaps underneath the car and other issues.

If anybody knows of a mechanic with that kind of charm, brilliance, modesty and encyclopedic knowledge of automobile mechanics, please let me know.

We are actually looking for THAT caliber of professionalism in a mechanic.

OH and by the way, I seriously doubt Ed China would charge $120 per hour. He'd probably be fair, honest and diagnose only what's needed. He's that kind of classy guy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

I pray there is somebody of that caliber in California. If there is, Jessica would be more than happy to part with $3,000 of her tax return to get the car fixed by a REAL PRO!!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)

+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Feb 13 2015, 12:02 PM
Post #165

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

"BRILLIANT!". Prob best to stay with the AA game plan.
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Feb 13 2015, 12:10 PM
Post #166

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(SLITS @ Feb 13 2015, 10:48 AM) *

Looky at the big edumakated word from Slits... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
Ron must be reading his old copies of Readers Digest again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)
+Quote Post
era vulgaris
post Feb 13 2015, 12:11 PM
Post #167

J is for Genius

Member No.: 16,629
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 13 2015, 12:44 PM) *

If anybody is familiar with the show "Wheeler Dealers" on Speed Channel, you've seen Ed China at work. In fact there was a show in which he diagnosed a 914 with cooling problems related to the flaps underneath the car and other issues.

If anybody knows of a mechanic with that kind of charm, brilliance, modesty and encyclopedic knowledge of automobile mechanics, please let me know.

OH and by the way, I seriously doubt Ed China would charge $120 per hour. He'd probably be fair, honest and diagnose only what's needed. He's that kind of classy guy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

I pray there is somebody of that caliber in California. If there is, Jessica would be more than happy to part with $3,000 of her tax return to get the car fixed by a REAL PRO!!!

Ed China famously misdiagnosed the situation with that car. He said the thermostat failed, which was the cause of overheating. That's wrong. Everyone who's owned a Type I, II, III, or IV air-cooled car knows that the thermostat fails in the open position to prevent overheating.
Ed seems like a nice guy, just pointing out an error he made.

Also, I think between $80-$120/hr is what you're going to pay for an honest, fair, and competent mechanic that specializes in vintage sports cars. And then the people who are real artists in the trade, the guys you go to for the truly high end, concours quality stuff, are going to charge a hell of a lot more than that.
+Quote Post
G e o r g e
post Feb 13 2015, 12:22 PM
Post #168

Dr

Member No.: 4,832

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 13 2015, 09:44 AM) *

Jessica would be more than happy to part with $3,000

Why, on earth would she waste the limited funds you have talked about on a car that would have been fixed, correctly, for free had you not made an ASS of yourself.

If the story of her kids is true , you have harmed her kids more than helped.
+Quote Post
Big Len
post Feb 13 2015, 12:28 PM
Post #169

Member No.: 16,126
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Feb 13 2015, 01:10 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Feb 13 2015, 10:48 AM) *

Looky at the big edumakated word from Slits... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
Ron must be reading his old copies of Readers Digest again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)

Yeah SLITS, go easy. I had to look that one up.

The guy's clearly a loon.
+Quote Post
914nola
post Feb 13 2015, 12:50 PM
Post #170

Member No.: 17,759

QUOTE(somd914 @ Feb 13 2015, 04:38 AM) *

QUOTE(914nola @ Feb 13 2015, 06:55 AM) *

Okay since the PNW crowd will not bite on smoked salmon and beer, maybe Zambezi will help with my fuel pump for boiled crawfish and moonshine.

OK, I'll speak up for the Mid-Atlantic region.

Make it oysters, steamed crabs, and beer - none of that light beer junk that the locals around here like...

This job shouldn't take more than a few weeks! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)

If boiled crabs would be okay with charbroiled oysters, boiled crawfish, beer and moonshine then I think we can get ripper911 to come help. Then all we need is a plane ticket for slits. Should have it up and running by easter.
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Feb 13 2015, 12:57 PM
Post #171

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) DAMNIT Dave !!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
+Quote Post
MDG
post Feb 13 2015, 01:01 PM
Post #172

Wolf in wolf's clothing.

Member No.: 10,018

QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 13 2015, 01:57 PM) *

yeah.... Dammit Daivd (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
+Quote Post
nigolusa
post Feb 13 2015, 01:26 PM
Post #173

nigolusa

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 13 2015, 10:02 AM) *

"BRILLIANT!". Prob best to stay with the AA game plan.

I agree, it is brilliant!!! But invariably there will always exist a group of "Le Numbs" who just don't get it. They just refuse to understand the simplicity of this whole 914 ordeal.

Step 1: Find a REAL 914 mechanic
Step 2: Fix the car
Step 3: Pay the mechanic
Step 4: Drive away

It can't be that hard. I mean cmon!!!

There has to be a REAL 914 mechanic somewhere here in Los Angeles. But please one with class and elegance.

And as for the dim wit who made the comment about the kids, you know what you can do. And god forbid you ever get a blood disorder or lose your sight or get diagnosed with epilepsy. Because I'll be the first to gouge your eyes out and skull F***you!!!!! Got it Pile???
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Feb 13 2015, 01:29 PM
Post #174

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696

I knew it wasn't over.

Even though you have insulted everyone on this board, I am still willing to help. The kids are more important to me than you or Jessica. They deserve a good chance at life ... you've already shot yours.

And the caliber of person you are looking for readily exists in 99.99% of the non-members of this board. You're to fucking blind to see it.
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Feb 13 2015, 01:36 PM
Post #175

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489

QUOTE(SLITS @ Feb 13 2015, 11:29 AM) *

I knew it wasn't over.

Even though you have insulted everyone on this board, I am still willing to help. The kids are more important to me than you or Jessica. They deserve a good chance at life ... you've already shot yours.

And the caliber of person you are looking for readily exists in 99.99% of the non-members of this board. You're to fucking blind to see it.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

Well......?
+Quote Post
nigolusa
post Feb 13 2015, 01:38 PM
Post #176

nigolusa

QUOTE(SLITS @ Feb 13 2015, 11:29 AM) *

I knew it wasn't over.

You're wrong, I haven't insulted everybody on this board. But the dim wits who are making wry comments about my intentions to help her get her 914 back on the road, well those people shouldn't comment at all.

Facts:
1. I am not married
2. I live in Las Vegas, NV
3. I came to Los Angeles because they were evicted from their Pasadena, CA home
4. I parted with $7,000 of my own cash to help them move and find a new home to rent. I personally moved 75% of their entire home and garage.
5. The Porsche 914 once is done, will be given to her son who turns 16 next year.

So basically I sacrificed my money, time blood sweat and tears to make sure they are safe.

SOOOOOO, not to insult anyone and GOD HELP ME, I'm shutting my mouth and have it duct taped along with my fingers and arms.

I don't want to say something I will regret.

All I want is to help them, and I'll be on my marry way back home.

Again, if you know of an EXCELLENT MECHANIC, you can call Jessica directly.

Thanks so much for all your support.

+Quote Post
DBCooper
post Feb 13 2015, 01:43 PM
Post #177

14's in the 13's with ATTITUDE

Member No.: 2,618
Region Association: Northern California

I'm impressed, Ron. I already had a pretty good opinion of you (though normally I'd never say that out loud) but now you've gone and surpassed that. Good job.

Nigolusa, friend, Ed China is now an ACTOR. I'm totally surprised Ron made that offer and if you don't take him up on it and keep insulting real mechanics your ONLY recourse will be calling Pick N Pull to haul it away.

+Quote Post
Mueller
post Feb 13 2015, 01:49 PM
Post #178

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 13 2015, 11:38 AM) *

Until the car is off the property of the current mechanics shop the search for a new mechanic is fairly useless.

If the bill hasn't been paid, running or not, I doubt he'll just let anyone drive on up and tow it away unless he just wants the headache gone.
+Quote Post
budk
post Feb 13 2015, 01:53 PM
Post #179

Yes! It's a Bumblebee!

Member No.: 11,970
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 13 2015, 02:38 PM) *

You're wrong, I haven't insulted everybody on this board. But the dim wits who are making wry comments about my intentions to help her get her 914 back on the road, well those people shouldn't comment at all.

Facts:
1. I am not married
2. I live in Las Vegas, NV
3. I came to Los Angeles because they were evicted from their Pasadena, CA home
4. I parted with $7,000 of my own cash to help them move and find a new home to rent. I personally moved 75% of their entire home and garage.
5. The Porsche 914 once is done, will be given to her son who turns 16 next year.

So basically I sacrificed my money, time blood sweat and tears to make sure they are safe.

SOOOOOO, not to insult anyone and GOD HELP ME, I'm shutting my mouth and have it duct taped along with my fingers and arms.

I don't want to say something I will regret.

All I want is to help them, and I'll be on my marry way back home.

Thanks so much for all your support.

You posted on this board in 2009 looking for help for the 75 YOU had recently purchased. A google search shows that you and Jessica have the same last name and are the same age. Maybe the info on the internet is false? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

But based on that google search this is not the first time that Jessica has had problems with a mechanic fixing your her car. Did Jay Leno ever answer your letter about needing help fixing your 2004 Aveo?
[/s]
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
nigolusa
post Feb 13 2015, 01:55 PM
Post #180

nigolusa

QUOTE(Mueller @ Feb 13 2015, 11:49 AM) *

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 13 2015, 11:38 AM) *

Until the car is off the property of the current mechanics shop the search for a new mechanic is fairly useless.

If the bill hasn't been paid, running or not, I doubt he'll just let anyone drive on up and tow it away unless he just wants the headache gone.

She's waiting for the H&R Block electronic tax return next week.

Then, she'll pay the guy IF it is actually done. He's been promising for so long, only god knows if it's true. I've called him on many occasions. I personally visited him with one of her kids. The car was not touched.

It is a true mystery that only Duran owner of Strictly German can answer. I'm baffled and lost.
+Quote Post

15 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 12:47 PM