Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1975 Porsche 914, Single Mother's dream car
oldschool
post Feb 11 2015, 11:37 AM
Post #81

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,705
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Feb 11 2015, 09:05 AM) *

Like what 76-914 said last jan. 23. Can this car be towed to Ron or maybe someone here in OC or South of LA and have a saturday garage work to help fix this car? I am willing to join and help also. If I didn't get a complain last month from the city about my 71 1.7 project on my driveway (which is only been there for a couple of months and I'm sure they noticed that I'm fixing it). I'm willing to bring that car to my place if I didn't get that complaint letter.

Well, please someone who has a garage storage is willing to help! It's been a month since the family is asking for help and now ending up two shops are already making some money out of it and not even able to run or fix the car.

I thought you said you can take it to her home? Sorry for the late response.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ndfrigi
post Feb 11 2015, 01:56 PM
Post #82

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,474

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Jan 23 2015, 03:11 PM) *

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Jan 23 2015, 02:22 PM) *

Anyone is planning to have a day of garage work help for the family to fix the car? If need an engine, I may be willing to share my spare engine (1.7 but looks like a rebuilt engine mix with bus and 914 parts). And maybe some parts than I can share also. And my labor if we can have a day of garage work for them. And my other suggestion for the family "although it's mother's dream car" is to trade it to a 4 or 5 seater car that will be practical for the family!

God bless this family!

If you're interested, would gladly ship it over to you. You can take your time her budget is around $1,500 tops!! Let me know. She lives in Aracadia, CA and I can rent a auto trailer and deliver it 100 mile radius.

Fellow teeners, "nigolusa" as he mentioned last Jan. 23, he can rent a trailer and deliver it 100 miles radius who can help fix the car. And Socal Andy is also willing to tow it. 914wolrd member are great! God Bless you all!

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
drbill
post Feb 11 2015, 02:41 PM
Post #83

Member No.: 17,110
Region Association: None

QUOTE(DBCooper @ Feb 11 2015, 08:49 AM) *

I have a friend who's spoken highly of Strictly German so reading this thread was a surprise. I just looked at the reviews and there are a couple of dingers (one is yours, calling the guy the lowest form of scum) but all the other comments were positive and the ratings almost all five stars. Has anyone else in the area actually talked to the shop and asked what's going on? No chance there's been a misunderstanding? I don't mind it when a bad shop does bad work and gets called on it, but having run a shop I know that things aren't always black and white. Might help if a 914-knowledgeable third party got involved and could find out what's going on.

This post makes sense to me. As well as budk's a couple of posts back. All we have here is one side of the story from some one on this forum about a woman with a most impractical car for a family. I admire everyone's generosity and willingness to help, but something here seems a bit off. My spidey- sense is tingling! I apologize up front if I'm wrong. I'd like to know the shop's side of this saga. On Jan. 23, Nick said he was going to get the car out of the shop in a week. It's been over 2 weeks. Is it still there? The more I follow the thread, the less real it becomes. I hope I'm wrong, but something ain't right!
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Feb 11 2015, 02:51 PM
Post #84

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) poster and car owner may be on the up and up but in my mind it just reads wrong. I would think a little investigation by an independent party is warranted before parts or money is sent.
+Quote Post
nigolusa
post Feb 11 2015, 04:31 PM
Post #85

nigolusa

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 9,737

QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 11 2015, 12:51 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) poster and car owner may be on the up and up but in my mind it just reads wrong. I would think a little my investigation by an independent party is warranted before parts or money is sent.

OK understood. You can send the independent party to "Strictly German" in Pasadena, CA @ Address: 2435 E Colorado Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91107
Phone: (626) 440-1242 Owner name: Duran

You can have the independent party ask him why he's been promising the car repaired for over 6 months and not delivered.

Also, we can furnish doctor numbers and medical records for both her 26 year old Leonardo who suffers form severe Hemophilia A with spontaneous bleeding and partially blind. Also, her 14 year old who suffers from nocturnal epileptic seizures.

We can prepare a dossier and put it all online with Jessica's 25 year history, detailing everything she had to endure while raising 3 boys on her own.

But please understand, she loves her 914. That's really all that's important here.

+Quote Post
Mueller
post Feb 11 2015, 05:03 PM
Post #86

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Jan 22 2015, 07:02 PM) *

Trying to help a single mother who is being badly ripped off by "Strictly German" in Pasadena CA. They have had her car for over 6 months and nothing has been done. Her budget was $800 when she brought the car in.

What makes this a horrific story is that she is a single mother with three sons. First son suffers from severe Hemophilia A with spontaneous bleeding and is legally blind. Second son suffers from epilepsy with nocturnal seizures. Third son is ok. This car was their only mode of transportation and would have been used for groceries, etc.. They do not have a car and must take buses and walk.

She is a brilliant sculptor and is barely making ends meet. The only wish she has is to have her 1975 Porsche 914 repaired and running.

Her story is truly compelling, and deserves to be made into a film. I can't tell you how many times her Hemophiliac son has cheated death. Just incredible story.

Her name is Jessica and her sons are Leonardo, Brian and Vance. They live in Arcadia, CA.

If there is anybody in the 914 community that can help or offer some sort of lead to fix Jessica's car, please contact me.

My name is Nick and I can be reached via email at: nigolusa@icloud.com, or my cell number (626) 979-4230.

I am a family friend and have sacrificed so much for them. The 914 is a dream I cannot fulfill since I am unemployed.

Thanks all for your help and resources.

I just don't get it.... we all have our dream cars or objects but one must be able to face reality and look at the big picture and decide if ones "dream" car is just something that might never happen or should be put off until a better time.

Not to be an ass, but why on earth would someone want an old uncomfortable 2 passenger car when you have 4 people in the family?

She could be given a brand new 0 miles 914 and it would still be a totally crappy choice of vehicle in her current situation.

Someone needs to talk some sense into this woman. I applaud her for taking car of her kids, but wanting a 914 in her current situation is crazy.
+Quote Post
Beeliner
post Feb 11 2015, 05:07 PM
Post #87

Member No.: 17,725
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(Mueller @ Feb 11 2015, 03:03 PM) *

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Jan 22 2015, 07:02 PM) *

Trying to help a single mother who is being badly ripped off by "Strictly German" in Pasadena CA. They have had her car for over 6 months and nothing has been done. Her budget was $800 when she brought the car in.

What makes this a horrific story is that she is a single mother with three sons. First son suffers from severe Hemophilia A with spontaneous bleeding and is legally blind. Second son suffers from epilepsy with nocturnal seizures. Third son is ok. This car was their only mode of transportation and would have been used for groceries, etc.. They do not have a car and must take buses and walk.

She is a brilliant sculptor and is barely making ends meet. The only wish she has is to have her 1975 Porsche 914 repaired and running.

Her story is truly compelling, and deserves to be made into a film. I can't tell you how many times her Hemophiliac son has cheated death. Just incredible story.

Her name is Jessica and her sons are Leonardo, Brian and Vance. They live in Arcadia, CA.

If there is anybody in the 914 community that can help or offer some sort of lead to fix Jessica's car, please contact me.

My name is Nick and I can be reached via email at: nigolusa@icloud.com, or my cell number (626) 979-4230.

I am a family friend and have sacrificed so much for them. The 914 is a dream I cannot fulfill since I am unemployed.

Thanks all for your help and resources.

I just don't get it.... we all have our dream cars or objects but one must be able to face reality and look at the big picture and decide if ones "dream" car is just something that might never happen or should be put off until a better time.

Not to be an ass, but why on earth would someone want an old uncomfortable 2 passenger car when you have 4 people in the family?

She could be given a brand new 0 miles 914 and it would still be a totally crappy choice of vehicle in her current situation.

Someone needs to talk some sense into this woman. I applaud her for taking car of her kids, but wanting a 914 in her current situation is crazy.

I own and drive my 914 in lieu of having a therapist on call..... Cheaper, and makes me happier....

+Quote Post
monkeyboy
post Feb 11 2015, 05:44 PM
Post #88

Member No.: 9,147

Honestly I can't agree more. I am not here to judge, but it sure sounds like the car should be towed to her house and parked for a more appropriate time.

At this point she needs something that can fit the family. A nice 4 door Civic or Corolla. The 914 can be made right in due time.

I am working my tail off to get my dad's dream car up and running. Why? Because the guy let it sit while his kids got everything they needed. Now that I am in a position to get what I want for myself, I want to see him enjoy it. There is a time and place for toys, and that is after your responsibilities are met.
+Quote Post
drbill
post Feb 11 2015, 05:44 PM
Post #89

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 11 2015, 02:31 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 11 2015, 12:51 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) poster and car owner may be on the up and up but in my mind it just reads wrong. I would think a little my investigation by an independent party is warranted before parts or money is sent.

OK understood. You can send the independent party to "Strictly German" in Pasadena, CA @ Address: 2435 E Colorado Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91107
Phone: (626) 440-1242 Owner name: Duran

You can have the independent party ask him why he's been promising the car repaired for over 6 months and not delivered.

Also, we can furnish doctor numbers and medical records for both her 26 year old Leonardo who suffers form severe Hemophilia A with spontaneous bleeding and partially blind. Also, her 14 year old who suffers from nocturnal epileptic seizures.

We can prepare a dossier and put it all online with Jessica's 25 year history, detailing everything she had to endure while raising 3 boys on her own.

But please understand, she loves her 914. That's really all that's important here.

Nick,
You are a good guy for helping her out. I get it. I don't want a dossier or to call anyone's doctors. They aren't gonna talk to some guy like me out of the blue about a stranger's medical records anyway. There has been a lot of bashing of a garage with only one side of the story. If I was the business owner, I wouldn't talk to an outside party about someone else's car or their situation. I'm a business owner. Trust me, there are 3 sides to every story: mine, the client and the truth.
I thought you were going to get the car over a week ago. Has that happened?
You also say she loves her 914 and "that's all that's important here." I disagree. You are asking for the generosity and resources of strangers, so we have a right to question why that impractical car is more important than reliable transportation or other necessities of life. It sounds like a reordering of priorities is needed.
IMHO (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
+Quote Post
somd914
post Feb 11 2015, 06:05 PM
Post #90

Member No.: 12,741

Just reading through this one... A lot to digest. Has anyone looked at these posts from the same OP:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...amp;hl=nigolusa

This one is very familiar sounding from three years ago:

He has a few other posts going back to 2009 mostly fuel related on a '75 1.8.

Though I am all for helping people in need, something doesn't seem right to me... Am I missing something?
+Quote Post
nigolusa
post Feb 11 2015, 06:19 PM
Post #91

nigolusa

Ya know, after reading all the disappointing comments from Porsche 914 owners, the best course of action is to forget about 914world altogether. This was a big mistake. Happy motoring!!!!
+Quote Post
drbill
post Feb 11 2015, 06:23 PM
Post #92

QUOTE(somd914 @ Feb 11 2015, 04:05 PM) *

Just reading through this one... A lot to digest. Has anyone looked at these posts from the same OP:

This one is very familiar sounding from three years ago:

He has a few other posts going back to 2009 mostly fuel related on a '75 1.8.

Though I am all for helping people in need, something doesn't seem right to me... Am I missing something?

Good detective work. Things are a bit more clear to me now. Looks like there's more to the story than meets the eye. Methinks Nick and Jessica used to be, or maybe still are, together. Same story used 3 years ago. Hmmmm.
+Quote Post
G e o r g e
post Feb 11 2015, 06:42 PM
Post #93

Dr

Member No.: 4,832

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 11 2015, 04:19 PM) *

Ya know, after reading all the disappointing comments from Porsche 914 owners, the best course of action is to forget about 914world altogether. This was a big mistake. Happy motoring!!!!

Nick, for someone trying to do a good thing you give up so quick. People here have questions, no big deal just questions.
you have been offered a ton of help, but you have to take the bull by the horns to make it happen. I am sure you know somebody that has a house that you could haul the car to, set up a BBQ work party and the car would be running on a saturday.

this could and would happen with out any sad story behind it. it has happened numerous times in the past.

Now the issue whether the car is right for Jessica, my vote is no, constant dependability is needed for her children's care. I have a child with special needs and would never take the chance that 914 wouldn't be able to take her to her therapies and such.

your previous post about the same car, do put a negative light on this though and you probably need to be straight with the non-members here.

I believe you will be surprised at the turn out once you get this organized
+Quote Post
nigolusa
post Feb 11 2015, 06:48 PM
Post #94

nigolusa

Since Dr. Bill thinks he's discovered the smoking gun so cleverly, lets recap.

I nor Jessica ever asked for money. We also never asked for free parts.

All that was shared was pictures of the car, Jessica's personal story and the actual location of the car in Pasadena, CA (Strictly German).

IF, the 914 community wanted to help Jessica get her car back on the road, that's wonderful. But Dr. Bill, if you think for a minute you've saved the 914 community from a spooky mysterious single mother con-artist, than you haven't done your homework. In fact, I can almost guarantee, you're one of those prowling conspiracy theorists. You couldn't be more wrong. And it's a real pity, because if anybody deserves help, it would be her.

I'll try to contact Jay Leno and maybe even run a crowd funding campaign to get her dream car back. Kind of ironic isn't it Dr. Bill. I actually tried to get help from a 914 community.

Thanks so much 914world for all the fabulous support. You can thank Dr. Bill for saving the day!!!
+Quote Post
oldschool
post Feb 11 2015, 07:01 PM
Post #95

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,705

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 11 2015, 04:48 PM) *

Since Dr. Bill thinks he's discovered the smoking gun so cleverly, lets recap.

I nor Jessica ever asked for money. We also never asked for free parts.

All that was shared was pictures of the car, Jessica's personal story and the actual location of the car in Pasadena, CA (Strictly German).

IF, the 914 community wanted to help Jessica get her car back on the road, that's wonderful. But Dr. Bill, if you think for a minute you've saved the 914 community from a spooky mysterious single mother con-artist, than you haven't done your homework. In fact, I can almost guarantee, you're one of those prowling conspiracy theorists. You couldn't be more wrong. And it's a real pity, because if anybody deserves help, it would be her.

I'll try to contact Jay Leno and maybe even run a crowd funding campaign to get her dream car back. Kind of ironic isn't it Dr. Bill. I actually tried to get help from a 914 community.

Thanks so much 914world for all the fabulous support. You can thank Dr. Bill for saving the day!!!

We have the best people on this board, Ask me how I know, people who really care about people not just the funny looking cars we drive. Take a step back nick and it can all work out for her.
+Quote Post
914itis
post Feb 11 2015, 07:11 PM
Post #96

Advanced Member

Member No.: 12,256
Region Association: North East States

Funny , I have been watching this thread closely . Lots of us here waiting to help with parts or labor. I feel like enough is told about the situation. The same story keeps repeating over and over . We know everything we need to know and ready To help.
Let's get the car somewhere we can make it Happen.

My 2 cents
+Quote Post
nigolusa
post Feb 11 2015, 07:25 PM
Post #97

nigolusa

Here is the latest update that will shed a very CLEAR light on this project.

Jessica's intentions are as follows:

1. Fix her 914 with original parts and make it a solid runner and looker
2. Sell the car in a price range between ($6,000 - $8,000)
3. Use this money towards a dependable 4 door sedan for her and kids

2nd option

I am personally in the process of finding her an individual and/or corporation who is willing to donate a dependable running car. I've contacted the Hemophilia Society of California and some other non-profits. Unfortunately, I cannot find anybody willing to donate a car for this family. I've also contacted Leonardo's Pharmacy. His medication which is called Factor VIII, costs $3,000 an infusion. Multiply that by 3 per week and that's $36,000 a month just to keep him alive. I thought his pharmacy would be wiling to help. No idea their intention.

I'm also thinking to raise money and awareness through crowdfunding resources. Create a video starring Leo and chronicle his everyday life without a car. Perhaps people can see how difficult it is for him and his mother and brothers to get around.

Ultimately, YES she needs dependable transportation for her and her kids. That's the primary goal.

But, I'm trying to get her the best of both worlds. Because she loves that 914 and she deserves to keep her car, PERIOD!!!

I want to get her 914 fixed, as well as find an entity who is willing to donate an automobile.

Let me know your thoughts and if you have any great leads. I need to get this family a car and very very soon.

Let's hope I can accomplish both!!!

Thanks again and yes I do have confidence in people. It's just I'm the type of person that wouldn't hesitate for a second. Knowing what I know, I would give them the shirt off my back, so to speak. I'm sure you can appreciate that.
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post Feb 11 2015, 07:53 PM
Post #98

Mid-Engn.

Member No.: 346
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(nigolusa @ Feb 11 2015, 07:19 PM) *

Nick,
I am confused by your comment??
I personally would feel more comfortable if your 914 women friend came on this site so we get to know her better before this group spends time and money to help her out. All we know is your story of her suffering. Probably true, but (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) a personal facetime would be wonderful by her.
Tom
+Quote Post
nigolusa
post Feb 11 2015, 07:59 PM
Post #99

nigolusa

Also I wanted to attach a YouTube video link of the kids. I shot and edited this video approximately 8 years ago. Wanted to let everybody see Jessica's kids in their natural habitat. Hope you guys like it. We sure had a blast at the Museum of Science and Industry.

Here is the link:

http://youtu.be/BO2EFTkmxTw

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)
+Quote Post
somd914
post Feb 11 2015, 09:59 PM
Post #100

Member No.: 12,741

Nick, I was the one who posted some of your previous links that Dr. Bill referenced. You need to understand that this community bends over backwards to help each other, especially a select few who seem to be the backbone to this site. You also have to understand that this forum, and others, have had their fare share of those looking to take advantage of the community.

For me I read this thread and saw numerous inconsistencies in your story, and one that stood out was the increasing budget. Another one that stood out was a lack of action on your part when several were offering to help.

However, I was curious what history you have with your car and whether or not Jessica's car has been previously mentioned by you, therefore I did a quick search to get a better idea of the types of issues that might have been worked on in the past. 914 Teener did the same research in your May 22, 2014 post.

The posts speak for themselves. It appears you inherited a '75 1.8 in '08 which is evidently now Jessica's and still plagued by issues that date back to when you obtained the car. It would appear this car is not her daily transportation, and being the father of three, I'm skeptical of a teener being used as sole family transportation.

I'll let the left coast gang determine your legitimacy.

As for this comment, "Since Dr. Bill thinks he's discovered the smoking gun so cleverly...", before you throw darts at specific members of this community, Dr. Bill in this case, at least get your facts straight as to where the research came from and confront the correct member.
+Quote Post

15 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 09:35 AM